Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering on Zooming

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
11050 Views, 9 Replies

Screen Flickering on Zooming

I have installed AutoCAD 2018 Student's Version and I'm experiencing a Flickering issue when am zooming the drawing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Which operating system, which graphic card and which graphic card driver are you using?

One try (for now): turn off hardware acceleration (command _GRAPHICSCONFIG) and see if that gets better.

And when you have that dialog open (where you turn off hardware acceleration), please show us a screenshot.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'm Using it on a Windows 10 64 bit, i7 4700 MQ @ 2.4GHz 8GB RAM running with a NVIDIA GT 740M Graphic

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

In fact, the flickering happens to be more when switching off Hardware Acceleration

Message 5 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

AutoCAD does only see the Intel HD graphic card (which is not a good one for AutoCAD), but not the nVidia you listed as built in.

Disable your Intel HD (in the BIOS) so AutoCAD get's the nVidia gc.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 10
braudpat

Hello

0) +1 with Alfred !

1) Please try to run with :
HQGEOM = 0

2) Then if necessary with:
LINEFADING & LINESMOOTHING = 0

Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

It does appear from your image that AutoCAD is using the incorrect graphics card.

Here is an article that might help in configuring your graphics card software to force the nVidia card to be used with AutoCAD.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hey! I changed my default Graphic card in control panel to nVidia!
And rebooted the Laptop and got it perfectly working

--
Viswanathan Sridhar
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hey! I changed my default Graphic card in control panel to nVidia!
And rebooted the Laptop and got it perfectly working

--
Viswanathan Sridhar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report