Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering on Zoom and Pan - Paper and Model Space - Autocad 2017

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
35332 Views, 5 Replies

Screen Flickering on Zoom and Pan - Paper and Model Space - Autocad 2017

I'm having the same issues in model and paper space, making it very difficult to work.  Flickering and constant screen regen while panning and zooming.  I've definitely noticed performance issues w/ 2017, in particular regard to the line and font "smoothing" feature in paper space.  Is there a way to disable this?

Machine is a brand new Dell m7720 laptop 17", Xeon 3.00, nvidia quadro P5000.  On paper this should be a rockstar, but my previous desktop was far more reliable.

Graphics driver rollbacks and updates and recommendation below do not seem to work.

Assistance from Autodesk would be immensely helpful!~  Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Possible Solutions...

The following changes/settings seemed to help with this issue:

1. keep hardware acceleration running, but uncheck all the options

2. lowered arc and circle smoothness value (note however, this seems to reset itself to 1000... which is another issue)... (see image)

3. turn off "coordinates" display under customization (see image); this seemed to have most significant impact.

will keep trying other settings.

-josh

Message 3 of 6
Ed.Jobe

Did you try turning off hardware acceleration? That would at least tell you if its a driver issue.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Hi Ed,

I did try that as an isolated solution and it did not work.  It remains "on" now w/ all of the boxes unchecked. As a result I'm generally noticing more responsive behavior in paper space.

I believe there is connection between the UI flickering and the display of coordinates across the lower bar... it could have something to do with the constant updating of the coordinates as the mouse moves ever-so-slightly... (my best guess).

Message 5 of 6
chriscowgill7373

If you wish to continue using coordinates on,  try shutting off STATUSBARAUTOWRAP

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

good call!  STATUSBARAUTOWRAP set to OFF and flickering almost completely goes away.

thx!~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report