scaling showing incorrect

8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
328 Views, 8 Replies

scaling showing incorrect

I really need help here.
I have cad 2018.
I have been doing this for years so this things driving me crazy.
At work I opened the cad files attached in the zip file.

Also in the zip file is a screen shot of what i see.
i am being told be a diferent company that the dimensions shown on the screen shot is not correct,
so basically my whole set up is not right.
Very embarrasing.
Plese help.
I have checked everything I know about scaling, the properties show nothing difreent between these computers,
I have been shown what they see as apposed to what i see and yes it looks like my set up is just showing the wrong thing.

I do not know of any oter variable that could have been changed and still show correct info.

Please help me here.

I need for someone to open this file and show me in screen shots what they see on the paper space sheets?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I really need help here.
I have cad 2018.

i am being told be a diferent company that the dimensions shown on the screen shot is not correct,
Very embarrasing.
Plese help.
I have checked everything I know about scaling, the properties show nothing difreent between these computers,
I have been shown what they see as apposed to what i see and yes it looks like my set up is just showing the wrong thing.

I do not know of any oter variable that could have been changed and still show correct info.

Please help me here.

I need for someone to open this file and show me in screen shots what they see on the paper space sheets?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous

I really need help here.
I have cad 2018.

Very embarrasing.
Plese help.

Please help me here.

Message 4 of 9
neaton

What dimensions are they expecting? In your ACAD drawing as well as your screenshot the CMU wall is 21.25'x24' and the scale bar in model space matches the scale in the viewport.

Nancy

Message 5 of 9
gotphish001

I can't check what units you are using because it's a newer version than I have and I don't have civil on this machine. I assume meters. You have objects 175,000,000 meters away from the origin. That can cause errors in the drawing. Move things closer to the origin and see if that fixes your issue. I understand that sometimes things need to be far from the origin to be in the correct map location but that many meters is over a 100,000 miles. Nothing needs to be that far for a map unless you are drawing our solar system. What happens is it creates rounding errors and those start compounding over and over when it's that far away eventually creating wrong information or other corruption.

I'm not sure what your dimensions are supposed to be so I can't really check to see what is wrong. If the other company says they are not correct then what is correct? It's helpful if you put a note or something on the drawing to let us know. Something like a big arrow pointing to something with the note that says,"This says 15m but it should really be 24m"

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Could it be your recipient does not understand how CIVIL dimensioning works? For example, someone dropped an ARCHITECTURAL dimension of 8'-10" on a 8.83 foot structure, and an Architectural 21'-4" dimension on a 21.29foot wall dimension.

Is the other firm an Architect office that don't know how to use your foot-only units file?

FWIW AutoCAD2019 here found a bunch of errors in the file and a ton of DGN entities that had no purpose.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: neaton

@neaton wrote:

What dimensions are they expecting? 

See that last tab, looks like the screenshot, someone dropped Architectural dimensions on the civil units plan.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

See your other post
Message 9 of 9
pendean

Three duplicate posts and counting... .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report