Scale Viewport - Standard Scale not showing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4296 Views, 5 Replies

Scale Viewport - Standard Scale not showing

Good morning,

I have tried, for a couple days, to change the scale from a Viewport (named "Layout1-8.5x11"). In the viewport, I can "zoom" and move the drawing using the commands  MVSETUP>SCALE or MSPACE. However, what I need is to scale the drawing to a specific scale, which it is 1/16" = 1' and later to different ones.

I noticed, watching some videos, that the way that usually people do it is using/changing the Properties>Misc Tab>Standard Scale. My issue is that I do not have (or cannot find) a "Standard Scale" option in my viewport.

What I tried to do, in order to proper scale, is to create a new viewport, however, it did not enable/show any different option. In addition, I tried to "unlock" the viewport, again, it did not enable the Standard Scale option.

Moreover, I attached the DWG in case that somebody wanna check what might be the problem.

I'm new in the "viewport world", therefore, I could be missing something trivial or doing something wrong.

P.s. This drawing was created in a older version of Autocad (probably 2012), however, now I am using the 2017 version.

Thank you,
Fabio Soares  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Activate the viewport, use Zoom, Center, type in 1/192xp then hit Enter.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you!
I hope that you have a great day.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Patchy,

Sorry about this but how do I activate the viewport? I was able to make work once but I was unable to again.

I tried to click twice in the view port (the border of the view port became black) and used the commands Zoom, Center, 1/192xp then hit Enter. If I do this, the zoom of the drawing becomes much smaller. In other words, it change the zoom and not the drawing itself.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably your viewport is locked; click on the viewport to highlight it, and find the lock symbol to unlock or go to properties palette and unlock it.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Exactly! I just realized this 2 minutes ago.

Again, thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta