Did you mean: 

Scale Bar Help!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jwkatz1657
1561 Views, 2 Replies

Scale Bar Help!

I'm trying to create a custom bar scale that shows 1/32"=1'-0" accurately and I'm having significant trouble finding one or even creating one. I even found a website that generates bar scales, but it's like I'm trying to read ancient Greek. Any help, advice or if anyone has created such a scale that would be willing to share it would be immensely appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jayhar
in reply to: jwkatz1657

Creating a custom bar scale can be a bit challenging, but I can help you with some guidance. To create a 1/32"=1'-0" scale accurately, you'll need to determine the appropriate length for each division on the scale. Here's a step-by-step process to create a custom bar scale:

1. Determine the length of one foot on your scale:
Since 1/32" represents one foot on your scale, you'll need to convert it to the actual length on your drawing or design. If you have a specific drawing size or paper size, you can calculate the length by multiplying the scale factor (1/32) by the actual length of one foot.

2. Divide the length of one foot into 12 equal divisions:
Since one foot is divided into 12 inches, you need to divide the length of one foot on your scale into 12 equal divisions. Each division will represent one inch on the scale.

3. Divide each inch into 32 equal divisions:
To represent 1/32" on your scale, you'll divide each inch division into 32 equal parts. Each of these divisions will represent 1/32" on the scale.

4. Mark the divisions on your scale:
Using a ruler or a drafting tool, mark the divisions you calculated on your scale. You can use different line styles or symbols to distinguish between the inch divisions and the 1/32" divisions.

5. Label the scale:
Finally, label your scale accordingly, indicating that it represents 1/32"=1'-0". You can use text or symbols to indicate the scale ratio.

Creating a custom scale can be more accurate than relying on pre-made scale bars, as it allows you to adapt to specific drawing sizes or requirements. However, if you prefer using a pre-made scale bar, you can try searching for graphic design software or drafting tools that offer customizable scale bar options. These tools often provide templates and allow you to adjust the scale ratio and divisions to fit your needs.

Remember to verify your scale by measuring it against a physical ruler or a known accurate scale before using it for precise measurements.

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: jwkatz1657

Take the scale bar of 1"=30' and use it to come up with 1"=32'

It's the same as 1/32" = 1'-0"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report