Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Right click menu when text is selected. Is there a way to modify this menu?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mattdVF27J
677 Views, 13 Replies

Right click menu when text is selected. Is there a way to modify this menu?

I would like to edit the right click menu so that I can move symbols to the top selection? I can seem to find it thou in the CUI. Any suggestions? 

pendean_0-1694618136224.png

[ This post has been edited for clarity by @pendean Original: SCREENSHOT SHARED IN A LATER REPLY WAS ADDED HERE ]

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jduframe
in reply to: mattdVF27J

in the CUI, under toolbars you can create your own toolbar and copy buttons in there or grab and drag buttons to it, then close cui, and right click on side menu and select to unlock toolbars and make sure your custom tool bar is check marked, when you see it on, you can drag it to where you want it, then lock the locations.

Message 3 of 14
mattdVF27J

That is what Ive done. I just want to move "symbols" up in the right click menu.

Message 4 of 14
jduframe

guess I am not fully understanding what you are asking then.

In the CUI once expanded on the toolbar you want to modify you click on button you want to move and drag and drop?

Message 5 of 14
mattdVF27J

The problem is I cannot find the right click contextual menu that shows where "symbols" lives.

Message 6 of 14
jduframe

oh, sorry I am  no help, I never use text menu, I mostly use toolbar button menu

Message 7 of 14
mattdVF27J
in reply to: jduframe

Fair enough. Hopefully someone can educate me. I have used the CUI to modify other menus, so I have an idea how it should work. Thinking this menu however may not be customizable?? Maybe someone can show me otherwise!

Message 8 of 14
Valentin-WSP

@mattdVF27J ,

@mattdVF27J wrote:

The problem is I cannot find the right click contextual menu that shows where "symbols" lives.

Those symbols are a text encoding standard.

Learn more from these links:

As I understand, you cannot modify the right click menu from within the Mtext - what you see is what you get.

Unlike other menus:  How to customize the right-click menu in AutoCAD products

ValentinWSP_0-1694617864687.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 9 of 14
mattdVF27J
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

So does that mean it cannot be done?

Message 10 of 14
Valentin-WSP

@mattdVF27J ,

Correct.

Use Product feedback to tell Autodesk what you think about their products and any improvements you'd like to see, or submit your wish on the AUGI Wish-List.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 11 of 14
pendean

We end users don't get to change that right-click menu. Sorry.

Ask Autodesk for that to happen in future versions if you want, they look for user feedback here only (and include your screenshot so there is no confusion) https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback
Message 12 of 14
mattdVF27J
in reply to: pendean

Knowing is half the battle. Appreciate the help. I can stop chasing this then!

Message 13 of 14
pendean

@mattdVF27J wrote:

Knowing is half the battle. Appreciate the help. I can stop chasing this then!

Indeed. Never shy away from asking, sometimes there is a solution or workaround that can be of help.

Message 14 of 14
nrz13

As a work-around, you could put all your frequently-used symbols in a text (.txt) file and have that text file called up with a shortcut command.  It should be a simple LISP to do that.  That would save you having to hunt in the right-click menu.

As for me, I have a text file with all sort of symbols I frequently use that can be pulled up with a keyboard shortcut no matter what program I'm using.  If you make a shortcut to that text file you can right-click the shortcut and assign a shortcut key on the Shortcut tab (about halfway down).

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta