Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove similar layers side by side

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
544 Views, 8 Replies

Remove similar layers side by side

Hi, all my layers in AutoCAD are in the form of an attached image. What should I do to be able to delete one of the layers? The number of layers is too large?

2021-08-12_125356.jpg

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: Anonymous

Set LAYLOCKFADECTL to 80 first.

Then isolate a layer to check what actually contains to not remove objects you don't want to. Then hit Ctrl+A and DEL. Unisolate and again, repeat the process with the next layer.

Message 3 of 9
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

A similar concept as @ВeekeeCZ.

1. Purge and -Purge All Items.
  2. Unfreeze and Lock all layers, then unlock and erase your specific element.

Another option is using the QSelect Command and then erasing.

ValentinWSP_2-1628763175285.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Hello, thank you for your solutions, friends, but my problem was not solved and I put the file for you. If you find a solution, please let me know.

Message 5 of 9
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, these duplications are on the same layers and cannot be isolated.

You will have to manually select the ones you want to delete.

Another option is to restore the file before the file was saved with these duplication and make sure all other updates have been applied.  Right click the drawing file in Window Explorer and select "Restore previous versions" > select date (if available).

ValentinWSP_0-1629382307570.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 6 of 9
Kent1Cooper

The problem is not Layers [as AutoCAD uses the word].  Those copies of the same thing close together are on the same Layer [here both Text objects and both Polylines are on the same Layer]:

Kent1Cooper_0-1629382320292.png

so no Layer-based approach can fix the duplication.

But the duplicates are at different elevations.  Viewed from the "front" instead of from above, it looks like this:

Kent1Cooper_1-1629382784982.png

Maybe that's what you meant by "layers."  One set of the duplicates in my first image is in that upper band, and the other in the lower band.  From this view, you can easily ERASE the upper band with a window selection, if you can determine that everything in it is an unwanted duplicate.  Isolating Layers could help with that determination.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 9
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Great catch @Kent1Cooper ! 

I did not even think about that option.

Emilio Valentin
Message 8 of 9
ВeekeeCZ

Objects at elevated level moved to the  *_elevated layers.

Message 9 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I see differences not just in Z-value, sorry.

>> my problem was not solved and I put the file for you

I tried it, but the problem you have is that the geometry is not just duplicated by a copy command, the duplicated entities have different vectors, here you can see the distances measured between some of the dup's:

20210819_164911_0001.png

...which makes it now difficult to find these entities (the original and the duplicated one) together.

Do you know how they were created?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta