Did you mean: 

Redirect AutoCAD to read the Profile.aws company file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aksel_haeldermans
4270 Views, 7 Replies

Redirect AutoCAD to read the Profile.aws company file

How do i Redirect AutoCAD to read the Profile.aws company file in “C:\Program Files\Company\AutoDesk\AutoCad 2013\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\Profile.aws” instead of C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\Rxx.x\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

I suggest to start from OPTIONS command (see below image).

tool.png

also yo can read more from this >> Link << .

Good Luck...

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

This is only the path to the palettes and does not contains the palettes groups.

There is no object in the "Options" "File" tab to add the path to the Profile.aws file.

It is impossible to copy and paste this file to 60 users.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @aksel_haeldermans,

Set your path to the palettes in Options. Then follow the guidelines in this AKN article to get the profile.aws handed to your users so they will have the palette groups.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 8

I know the article but this is not the solution.

We redirect the tool palettes file location to our company location.

Picture2.png

Users can “reset settings to default” for AutoCAD if needed. The locations and system variables are loaded from the acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp and always correct.

But the "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\Rxx.x\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile " folder is deleted when the user resets AutoCad to default.

It means copy to the profile.aws to the computer of every user who resets autcad or for every new computer we deliver. This means 120 computers for the next migration. That is not possible.

I want to tell AutoCAD that the profile.aws is in another location.

Is the a hidden systemvariable?

Message 6 of 8

HI @aksel_haeldermans,

Here is another article regarding network deployment of Tool Palettes.

In the past, I had a simple batch file that would copy this file to over 75 workstations. It normally took less than a minute to do. It wasn't perfect as there would always be one or two machines that were offline or whatever but it did work fairly well.

I'm sorry that I have been unable to find any further information on this process.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: aksel_haeldermans

I gave my users options with a lisp function:

(princ "\n                 ToolPalette Utilities...")
(defun c:tpcs () (command "*_toolpalettepath" "N:\\ACAD2015\\CS\\Palettes\\cs" "toolpalettes"))
(defun c:tpstd () (command "*_toolpalettepath" "C:\\Users\\%USERNAME%\\AppData\\Roaming\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD 2015\\R20.0\\enu\\Support\\ToolPalette"  "toolpalettes"))
(defun c:tpmy () (command "*_toolpalettepath" "C:\\Users\\%USERNAME%\\AppData\\Roaming\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD 2015\\R20.0\\enu\\Support\\ToolPalette_2"  "toolpalettes"))
(princ "   ... Loaded")
(princ "\n      Use TPSTD for Standard ACAD Palette")
(princ "\n      Use TPCS  for Civil-Structural Palette")
(princ "\n      Use TPMY  for Personal Palette")
(princ)

The above loads with AutoCAD via a custom MNL containing an autoload pickup.  "N:/" is our network directory where standard settings and functions reside.  The user can toggle between the standard OOTB AutoCAD tool palette, his own local custom palette, or the department specific palette.  Keeping things centrally located on a network (or a cloud for the cloud types) makes deployment easy; a one-stop-shop. 

Message 8 of 8
aksel_haeldermans
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Randall,

This does the trick. Thanks.

By the way thanks to all. I learned some more by all the posts.

Greeting Aksel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report