Red No entry circle when cursor moves off of page

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
designerjulPBZV4
3227 Views, 6 Replies

Red No entry circle when cursor moves off of page

hello,

I just installed AutoCad 2020, it's been a LONG time since I have used it....everything was fine until this red circle with a diagonal line through it pops up when my cursor (cross hair) goes off of the page.  So strange.

I looked at some of the notes and tried cursor badge as 1, doesn't work, or the record stop option....

I am at a loss!

Please help!

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vinodkl
in reply to: designerjulPBZV4

Hi @designerjulPBZV4 

Looks like some graphic glitch. Try restarting your computer. That should fix the problem.

Though it shows the no entry symbol still you will be able to click on the ribbon and work on AutoCAD as usual. Just that it shows the no entry symbol next to the cursor🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7

Do you have LIMITS CHECKING turned on?  If "off the page" means you are in Paper Space, then the "page" constitutes the drawing Limits, and if Limits Checking is on  [LIMCHECK = 1], it won't let you draw outside them.  Set that to 0 to allow drawing outside the Limits.  Read about the LIMCHECK System Variable.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7
designerjulPBZV4
in reply to: vinodkl

Oh my goodness, yes, that is what I did!  And worked..... lol!  Glitch, probably!  I feel like such a ding dong!

Message 5 of 7

Thank you so much!  Appreciate the help! 😇

Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: vinodkl

I figured a restart would fix it. But it's just so STRANGE that it just started happening. But that's our favorite software.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

I had the same problem before and I do not remember how I solved that. Now I am facing the same problem and I can not find the solution. When the mouse touches the ribbon or the command line a "STOP SIGN" red circle appears, and even though I can write commands still it is annoying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta