recommended graphic card for Autocad 2017

50 REPLIES 50
SOLVED
Message 1 of 51
software.supsi
69508 Views, 50 Replies

recommended graphic card for Autocad 2017

Hi,

it's possible to know if this graphic card are good for autocad 2017?

GeForce® GTX 965M

Iris™-Grafikkarte 540

Intel HD 520

geforce GTX 950m

Or there is a link where i can check? 

I've found just a link for recommended graphic card for Autocad 2013/2014.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Michele Egli

50 REPLIES 50
Message 41 of 51
Anonymous
in reply to: software.supsi

Hi,

Is't good enough for this hardware spec. to run AutoDesk Maya Software or any autocad from 2016-2018 edition:

Hp Desk Top

- Intel Core i5-7200U 7 TH Processor

- 23.8 Inch Full HD Screen Size

- 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD 5400RPM Storage Capacity

- 8 GB DDR4 RAM

- NVIDIA Gforce 920MX Graphics

- Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Operating System ?

Message 42 of 51
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Please don't crosspost, posting 4 times the same question means we (trying to support) have 4 times more work.

Please continue >>>there<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 43 of 51
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Cross post? I only posted once if I recall and was months ago, long past the time I needed a response.

Message 44 of 51
cadffm

@Anonymous
The reply was not adressed to you 😉

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 45 of 51
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Odd, I would get it. Silly system. Thanks for the clarification.

Message 46 of 51
Anonymous

Just to reaffirm what was already said, but get 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD, and Quad Core i7, with a graphics card, and you will be more than happy.

As an 3rd generation i7 processor (Ivy Bridge) is about 85% the performance power of the equivelent 6th Generation i7 (as all focus was on  efficiency and battery life) its better to look at an 3 or 4 yr old Laptop with the above specs than a newer version with lesser specs. The older version will still have the horsepower.

Bob

Message 47 of 51
Anonymous

Thanks but you really don’t touch on the topic of a graphics card with dedicated gpu & ram that can enhance rendering & 3D modeling. That is really the topic I was addressing. Used to see lists of high end cards that had drivers that had been certified auto CAD compatible. Now I don’t see that anymore.
Message 48 of 51
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a link to the certified hardware page.  You should be able to input your product, version and then see the certified cards.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 49 of 51
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Ah perfect. Exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping for laptops several months ago.

Quite a late response to my original post but at least now I know that list still exists.

Thanks

Message 50 of 51
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad you found the link helpful. It was also provided in the 2nd post of this thread. I am sorry that you missed it. Please let me know if there are other resources I can provide.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 51 of 51
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I think a good laptop will outlast the needs of the user bar motherboard or other significant failure and can last more than 5 years.

As a mature student I bought a Toshiba satellite pro Septemeber 2010, €1000, early i7 CPU 4GB RAM and 512mb graphics card for my final year Mechanical engineering degree. 

It still runs AutoCAD now up to 2017, Autodesk Inventor, Ansys Finite element analysis and I still game on it the odd time. It probably wont run the newest gaming titles but it fulfills all my needs. I recently installed an SSD and maxed out the RAM at 8GB. i7 can run hot in laptops, a good i5 would work but personally SSD's are a must these days but if they fail your data is gone so backups(cloud/NAS) are a must for all users. I have reinstalled AutoCAD and what used to be maybe 1.5hrs took about 15-20 mins to install, loads exceptionally fast. 

Good luck. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta