Did you mean: 

ready boot error after autocad 2016 installation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
672 Views, 8 Replies

ready boot error after autocad 2016 installation

I have lenovo w 540, i7 4910 mq 2.9 ghz, 16gb ram, 256 gb ssd running on Windows 7 pro x64 bit.
yesterday while I was installing autocad 2016, I noticed the event viewer, event id 3 and event id 4 warning, starting that readyboot had stopped and ready boot had reached its max file size.
Further, lenovo solution centre, and poped up a message that memory usage exceeded more than 90 % in 5 times.
These errors were not present before the installation of autocad 2016.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

are you speaking about memory or harddisk space? Because afaik just the installation process does not need much memory, your 16GB should be ok. As you have a 256GB SSD drive: how much space is free on that drive?

Another question: ReadyBoot is a tool to boot faster when having slow harddisks, you do have a ssd, why do you need ReadyBoot?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The errors states about ready boot and page file reaching max limit.

And lenovo solution centre, states that the memory usage exceeded more
than 90 % 5 times.

163 gb out of 256 gb ssd is free space.

I do not have any idea about ready boot, but perhaps, after the
installation these errors have poped up.
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

is AutoCAD now installed and running?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

hi Alfred,

thanks for your reply.

for the sake of clarity, the snap shots of the errors are attached, for your ready reference.

event 3.png

event 4.png

further, these error were not present prior to the installation of autocad 2016.though i even have revit 2016 installed on the same system( but it did not generate any error)

during the installitation of autocad 2016 , these error were generated and now they are recurring.

although, autocad is running, but perhaps, i am of the view that it's of no use to run an application if it's generating errors. ( this is entirely my personal view, without any intention to offend anyone )

can you please , suggest the possible cause of these errors and their relationship with the installitaion of autocad and thereupon its resolution.

regards

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> it's of no use to run an application if it's generating errors.

Opps, what is causing the error now? Was it the installation process or is it running AutoCAD, that creates that log entry?

BTW: when you say you got messages in your log ... have you cleaned the log, restarted the system and looked again to the messages if the message is created newly?

One question is open: Why do you run ReadyBoot with a built in SSD?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

hi Alfred,

first time these errors were generated while installing autocad. 

now they are randomnly generated , even without running autocad 

i have cleared the logs , restarted the system , but perhaps, these error reoccur.

i am curious to know, why these errors were generated at the time of installition of autocad and they are recurring now - post installition of autocad.

pre autocad installition , none of these errors were generated   ????

furhter, when i go the services ( to disable readyboot ) the option of readyboot is not avaliable?

thanking you in advance for your assistance.

regards

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

look to that blog >>>click<<<, it shows the same error as you have mentioned with the screenshots, it shows also how to disable ReadyBoot and there are some very interesting informtions and links to follow up.

>> now they are randomnly generated , even without running autocad

Shows at least some of your ressources ran out, but not necessarily have AutoCAD as the origin of the issue.

It may depend on the installation or on starting AutoCAD in one of the last sessions ... and so some of the libraries get preloaded during boot, but I guess (from what you describe) it might be every package you install as the last one. ...but all that is guessing as I don't have access to your system.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

hi Alred,

thanks for your reply, i really appreciate.

the link provided by you was helpful.

since, this error was generated the first time, while i was installing autocad 2016,so i thought ,probably autocad is the culprit. hence, this thread was created for the resolution.

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta