Did you mean: 

"File" pulldown gone from menu

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CrazyIvan
486 Views, 6 Replies

"File" pulldown gone from menu

Does anyone know how to restore the "File" pulldown on this menu?  I tried loading the default workspace, but it is still missing.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: CrazyIvan

CUI command
Select your active workspace name
On the adjacent right-side pane, click the button CUSTOMIZE WORKSPACE, then expand the MENUS section in that right-side pane.
Expand the MENUS section in the adjacent left-side pane.

There needs to be a checkmark next to every menu on the left to see it on the right.

Then close out of CUI correctly (DONE button then APPLY button then OK button0.

Don't forget to manually save your active workspace with WSSAVE command if you want to be in control 100% of the time.

HTH
Message 3 of 7
CrazyIvan
in reply to: pendean

"File" does not show up in the CUI Customizer. That is also the problem I ran into here.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

@CrazyIvan wrote:

"File" does not show up in the CUI Customizer. That is also the problem I ran into here.

Then there is nothing to put back, it's gone for good.

Which CUI file is your primary? Which others are loaded? You did not show it here

pendean_0-1709229156448.png

Share a screenshot of your AutoCAD's ABOUT command pop-up please.

Message 5 of 7
CrazyIvan
in reply to: pendean

I am not sure what you mean. The workspace listed "...(current)" is the one I typically use.

I also noticed that the "File" menu is there before opening a drawing, but disappears once the drawing is open.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

@CrazyIvan wrote:

I am not sure what you mean. The workspace listed "...(current)" is the one I typically use.

Sadly, not quite what I noted for you to provide : see image in my last reply, I'm pointing at a pulldown about customization files names, aka more information that what is shown.

pendean_0-1709242788209.png

You seem to have "autotable", the rest of us have "ACAD", so you're not quite where the rest of us are at, you have a primary CUIx file in control that is unique to your setup.

pendean_1-1709242861272.png

Message 7 of 7
CrazyIvan

I figured it out.  AutoTable hosed up my menus. Had to unload all menus from CUILOAD window and then reinstall AutoTable, then reload all menus through CUILOAD.  Not sure exactly what caused the problem, but it just happened one day out of the blue.  Never liked AutoTable anyway....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report