Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Opens File a Second Time

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeremy.marcero7234
462 Views, 4 Replies

Publishing Opens File a Second Time

I am running Publish from Sheet Set Manager, and I already have some of the files open in AutoCAD. When I do this, Publish utilizes the file that is already open to plot.

However when my co-worker does this, AutoCAD opens the file a second time (in the same CAD session) as read only. This causes the publish to take a much longer time.

I am pretty sure this is a system variable, but having an issue finding it.

jeremymarcero7234_0-1676388785769.png

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: jeremy.marcero7234

Coworker publish in BACKGROUND, this is the issue and takes much more time.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 5

.... AutoCAD does not let two folks use the same DWG file at the same time. Does C3D?
There is no "variable" for that, sorry. See above for a tip to use, be aware you might see performance even slower than before too.

Message 4 of 5

AutoCAD does just that.

I can't find a system variable.

We.Tanks

EESignature

A couple of Fusion improvement ideas that could your vote/support:
図面一括印刷

Message 5 of 5
jamieq
in reply to: jeremy.marcero7234

I believe this is supposed to be the way AutoCAD works. Every version of AutoCAD I've used from 2005 up until 2021, when I published in the background a second instance of AutoCAD would open with the drawing I was publishing from and would then close when the operation was complete. It seems a similar thing is happening for you, except a second instance of the drawing is opening in the same instance of AutoCAD. Not exactly sure why it would do one over the other, but it's effectively the same thing, so long as you are able to use your drawing while the second instance of it is publishing. 

Oddly, though, now that I am using AutoCAD 2023, when I publish in the background no second instance of either the drawing or the program is opened. That is, not visibly opened. I imagine it is opening a second instance somehow, as that is how background publishing works. But I don't see a new instance of AutoCAD open, nor is a new file tab added to my current instance like in your screenshot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report