Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Inquiry

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chino.castro
345 Views, 7 Replies

Product Inquiry

What Autodesk software relies/depend on Microsoft Database Engine 2010? Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: chino.castro

Hi @chino.castro,

This is a pretty wide open question.  What is the intent of your question so I can perhaps give you some resources? If you are a developer, this might be better asked here.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hello John,

I started a Chat session with Chino earlier today in regards to the following question:  "Which Autodesk applications depend on Microsoft Access database engine 2010 for full functionality?"

A company is wanting to remove anything Microsoft 2010 from all computers on a global scale.

Their IT dept. recalls a recent upgrade from MS Office 2010 to 2013 which caused all kinds of pandemonium to break loose. He needs to stop the removal of Microsoft Access database engine 2010 from the company's systems, but will require documentation to provide proof.

Thank you for your attention/knowledge on this subject.

Kind regards,

Greg

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I am not sure there is a consolidated list of apps that require the database engine.  Does he have a list of apps that he is running? That might shorten the research trail a bit.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

don’t know if there is a list available

there are some products that required this but don’t remember which or the versions

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 8
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, @chino.castro

First, please try not to post the same issue twice.

Here are some Applications that require the MS Access Database Engine 2010:

If these applications are installed throughout the company, I would not remove it. It shouldn't effect anything else. Also, if the IT person remove it from one machine, and something breaks, well.... There's the proof. But, I would chance it.

Why do they want to remove it? Is it preventing them from moving forward with another install?

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 7 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @chino.castro,

I am checking back to see if you have a list of Autodesk products that you use in your environment. If so, i can try to research them to see if the database engine is required.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 8
chino.castro
in reply to: john.vellek

Thank you John but I don't use Autodesk software as of the moment. I posted the question in behalf of the reseller Greg Garcia.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta