Problem File

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
donste2005
297 Views, 4 Replies

Problem File

Hi All,

Wow I have a problem file, I think it is corrupted or something.  When I zoom in close it jerks back and forth, like some kind of snap is on or something, I've looked at all the different snaps and shut then mostly all of.  Also, I can't zoom in sometimes, I have to restart AutoCAD a lot.  Full disclosure I do have a SpaceNavigator, so I am wondering how that plays into it, although all the experiments I've done point to this particular file.  I have heard that you can create a new file and import or copy your old stuff into it?

Thanks,

Don

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

https://procadsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001788071-How-to-Repair-corrupt-AutoCAD-files 

If the drawing file (DWG) still opens:
  1. Open the drawing file.
  2. Purge Registered Applications (from the command line): Type -PURGE. ...
  3. Type PURGE at the command line. With all checkboxes checked on, click Purge All.
  4. Audit and fix any errors: Type AUDIT at the command line. ...
  5. Save the drawing.

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 3 of 5
donste2005
in reply to: donste2005

Thanks Rushabh,

That seems to have helped overall, but I still have one issue; I can't zoom with the scroll wheel in the model, it scrolls fine in paper space, but in the model it's not zoom scrolling, it pans fine but no zoom, have you run into that?

Message 4 of 5

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Zoom-d... 

See this Article... 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 5 of 5
donste2005
in reply to: donste2005

Yeah Perspective did the trick, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta