Did you mean: 

Presspull help

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
steveli
441 Views, 12 Replies

Presspull help

I am having trouble to Press pull these objects. I have used Press pull many times in the past but these are troublesome for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: steveli

You file contains a BLOCK, a GROUP and SPLINE: it looks like you already started to do what you want in the GROUP (middle items). Where did you get stuck exactly?

pendean_0-1719496852365.png

Message 3 of 13
Kent1Cooper

You need to do some cleaning up.  For example, in the left one:

Kent1Cooper_0-1719497208594.png

the red and green parts are both closed and backtrack across themselves.  The cyan one is not closed, but it does backtrack along itself, turning around and going back at the point where it meets the yellow parts.  The yellow and white cannot join to the others because none of the potential connecting points are open ends that they could join to -- they're all turn-around-and-go-back points in the middle of Splines/Polylines.

My guess is that it doesn't like a "bounded area" with self-overlapping and/or self-intersecting objects.  Some SPLINEDITing, some PEDITing, maybe some EXPLODEing and/or OVERKILL, some reJOINing....

I didn't check the similar conditions on the other shapes, but I suspect the same issue.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 13
steveli
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, When I try to Presspull it or even extrude it, it goes in all directions.
Message 5 of 13
Patchy

Use region then use presspull

Region then presspull.JPG

Region then presspull 1.JPG

Message 6 of 13
steveli
in reply to: Patchy

Patchy

Thank you. I am new to 3D modeling and printing....self learning here, so I appreciate your help. Question, the REGIONS command helped me to extrude it but am having trouble creating it STLOUT file. The ones you did work fine but I when I do it does not work the same. I have circled the file in question. 

Message 7 of 13
Patchy

Subtract.JPGWhat you have is more than one 3dsolids, move one by one away from that group you'll see them.

What you need to do is using 2 of them, use the command SUBTRACT and select the outer one

then the inner one then you'll get the frame in 3d.

2 solids.JPG

Message 8 of 13
steveli

Thank you for your help!
Message 9 of 13
Patchy

👍

Message 10 of 13
steveli

@Patchy  

Reaching out one more time because of a deadline I have to meet. In the drawing, I have circled another that I am having trouble with. I have tried to follow the steps but I still need to continue to practice my skills. Can you take a look and see what I am doing wrong and also fix it as you helped me with the others. I really appreciate your willing to help me out!

Message 11 of 13
Patchy

Copy and paste that bad one to a brand new drawing, flatten, then overkill.

Use Region , it should work.

Test.jpg

Message 12 of 13
Kent1Cooper

Could it have something to do with the multiplicity of overlaid objects?  Try OVERKILL.

Kent1Cooper_0-1720443064174.png

And there's a gap at the red circle [at least -- there may be others].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 13 of 13
steveli

Thank you for your help! Your awesome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report