Did you mean: 

POLAR TRACKING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
troy_metzZ5TF7
541 Views, 4 Replies

POLAR TRACKING

Need some help with polar tracking. I created a line, found the center point of another line and trying to polar track to another line for a linear line but the green line will not snap to anything. Does anyone know how to get the green line to appear for snapping? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: troy_metzZ5TF7

I'm not able to replicate your issue here with Lines or Plines, but I do see you selected a QUADRANT first before the ENDpoint, the first one you select became active and the second is now ignored.

Try again but try not to activate any other osnap ahead of the one you need (or turn off osnaps you don't really need at the moment).

Message 3 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: troy_metzZ5TF7

Hi,

you are talking about OTRACK / Objectsnap tracking [F11], not about polar track [F10]

And the answer is already posted (if your otrack is on), but not the quadrant is the problem, the problem is the last "used" object snap: BASEPOINT

and you can not use otrack with a basepoint, that's it.

Move the cursor quick to the line endpoint, snap point detecting is time dependent, quick move will help to ignore other snap points one the way. Zoom in more, is also a good way to make the cad life easier.

(or is this line inside a block and the left line end ist also the block basepoint? This will not work in this case.

Sebastian

Message 4 of 5

That was it. Thank you both! 

Message 5 of 5
dany_rochefort
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm I needed this reminder also...!  Kept thinking it was polar 🙄  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report