Did you mean: 

PLINE Issue after update

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
326 Views, 7 Replies

PLINE Issue after update

An update was performed, now when trying to use PLINE it stays perpendicular to any point I am snapping to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've never seen this before.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What update?
Is this a problem in ALL of your files, or just the one you opened and are in?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I just tried multiple files and the issue is on each of them.  I tried going through osnap settings to see if maybe I selected something on accident but that isn't the case either.  The drawing I'm working on is super simple, essentially I am connecting data point dots using pline that I will then make into a region.  These dots are not in a straight line but pline will only go horizontally.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I apologize for the confusion, I just realized I posted in ACAD 07/08/09, I'm using 2016!!  Do I need to repost there or can this thread be moved?

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Show us your DWG file with the problem in place: add notes on how we might replicate the issue in the file.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

An update was performed, now when trying to use PLINE it stays perpendicular to any point I am snapping to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've never seen this before.

Is ORTHO on?

Message 7 of 8
GrantsPirate

Just in case, set UCS to World, and Plan to World.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thanks, I must have accidentally clicked on something around the UCS/World control wheel.  Never done that before!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta