PDFSHXTEXT conversion 2017

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bham4ever
476 Views, 3 Replies

PDFSHXTEXT conversion 2017

Question on the conversion of text.

When I run "PDFSHXTEXT" on a group of text segments it converts each line of text into MTEXT.

What I want is the group of text to be converted into a single MTEXT.

Is there a setting or a way to make this possible?

The command works fairly well, but when you have single line text instead of it converting it all into a a group in MTEXT it makes another process of exploding the text and then using Express command txt2mtext to convert them back to a single MTEXT.

Just asking?

"Never say Never"
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: bham4ever

Hi @bham4ever,

Try using the PDFSHXTEXT command and it will indeed create separate MTEXT objects. However, the TXT2MTXT can be used on those objects and will combine them into a single Mtext object.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
bham4ever
in reply to: john.vellek

Yep..... I figured that out but was hoping for a one step solution built into PDFSHXTXT.

Guess I'll put that on the Autocad wish list. To have it built into the conversion by selection. 🙂

Thanks John

"Never say Never"
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: bham4ever

Hi @bham4ever,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information.  I am not sure why the development team decided to create the feature as it is now but your request seems reasonable. i suggest you add it to the AUGI wish list.

Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Thank you again for suggestion how we can improve the product.

You are also welcome to contact the product team directly through the Product Feedback page. The links below go into more detail about the best ways to make suggestions.
How to provide feedback on Autodesk products
Raising enhancement requests for Autodesk products

Another great option is to participate in the AutoCAD Customer Council. This is an opportunity for our customers to partner with the AutoCAD development team to improve future releases of AutoCAD by giving continuous feedback on ideas, designs, and early builds.
In order to get involved email autocad.beta@autodesk.com or autocad.lt.council@autodesk.com

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report