Did you mean: 

PDF Underlay can not be seen unless selected

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
13387 Views, 19 Replies

PDF Underlay can not be seen unless selected

I have a PDF that I have xref'd into acad to use as an underlay to trace over the top of.  The problem is that I can not see anything on the PDF unless I tag the frame.  When I unselect the pdf everything disappears again except the frame.  The show underlay property is set to yes and PDFFRAMES is set to 1.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you share the DWG file and PDF?
Message 3 of 20
kennyj

Try changing your model space background color to a tan or off white - is it possible the PDF is showing up black on a black background?

Hope that helps,

Kenny

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

Tracing a PDF is something I have sone many times and never had any trouble with.  But yes, the files are below.  

Message 5 of 20
john.vellek

hI @Anonymous,

I had no issue in seeing your PDF. I did rough together the seal for you too. I hope this gets you started.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 20
kennyj
in reply to: john.vellek

I agree.  Opened fine in AutoCAD 2017, shows up clear enough to trace.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: kennyj

The only thing I can think of is that I was out of memory...I rebooted the machine a viola, suddenly it was working again.  Sucks to be me, I guess.  Thank you for your help!

Message 8 of 20
Aaron_Estell

I have had this problem a few times in AutoCAD MEP 2017 as well and so far the only fix I have found is to do a restart. Would love to know if there is a better more permanent solution.

Message 9 of 20
john.vellek
in reply to: Aaron_Estell

HI @Aaron_Estell,

This might be due to a limitation with your graphics card/driver. Is it current? If you would like assistance in finding the most current one, please tell me your OS and card model.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 20
Aaron_Estell

@john.vellek 

Thanks for the response! I have checked into my graphics card/drivers recently and both are up to date.  

Message 11 of 20
pendean

Sounds like you are just running out of system memory if a restart fixes the issue: but chance does it vanish after a few hours or a few minutes (like under 10)?
Message 12 of 20
Aaron_Estell
in reply to: pendean

I don't know off hand when exactly it happens. I will try to pay attention to see when it is happening and reply with more.

Message 13 of 20
Aaron_Estell
in reply to: pendean

I apologize, I had just recently started a new thread on here and replied to this one as if it were my other. As for the PDF underlay it just randomly happens when I go to open an existing file. Also, system memory is good. If I run across this problem again I will attach the file. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Try to turn off Hardware Acceleration

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

I had the same problem.  turning off the graphics acceleration fixed it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to turn off Hardware Acceleration

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

How do you join the council?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

How do you do this? Turn off the hardware/graphics acceleration?

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

You can either turn it off by typing GRAPHICSCONFIG into the command line
and follow the prompts or there is an icon at the bottom right of the
screen. 6 icons from the right. Looks like a circle with a check mark.
Click that so it isn't blue and it will be off.
Message 19 of 20
rtemplin

I had the same issue and I realized that i had just changed the name of my pathed base folders. Once I had renamed the folders back to their previous names thus restoring all the correct file paths for Civil3D, after a restart all was well. I suspect it was the plotter pathing. 

Message 20 of 20
dharmikMC5JL

Try reloading Xref. This happens with me when I start working again after my PC screen goes off and the drawing is open. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report