Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF to DWG Plot Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
carminatithekid1
502 Views, 4 Replies

PDF to DWG Plot Issues

I am experiencing an issue with the DWG to PDF tool. When I plot using the DWG to PDF everything will look fine on my end. I will send the files to the architect and then when they open the file it looks like the attached picture.

Basically random text will be copied and rotated making the plans illegible.

I have realized that the issue will go away if I use the "Adobe PDF" tool in the plot menu but then I have other issues.

The attached picture is what the contractor is trying to build off of and I am not ok with sending something like this out. 

Randy Carminati
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I used to see this exact problem back when I used AutoCAD 2008. I had to use CutePDF or PDF995 instead of the DWG to PDF printer. I have not seen this since upgrading to 2011 and later. What release are you using?

Message 3 of 5

I am using 2016. i believe the issue may be on Adobe's side of things because I am almost positive that the Architect is plotting with the comments on. What i am trying to figure out now is how to plot using DWG to PDF without including the comments...

Randy Carminati
Message 4 of 5

This may be an issue with the PDF "enhancements" made for 2016. This post may be a similar issue

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/autocad-2016-shx-text-as-comment-in-export...

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: carminatithekid1

AutoCAD 2016 treats all SHX text as "comments" when plotting to PDF: the highlighting needs to be turned off in eh PDF Viewer or the 2016 users need to use a 3rd party PDF driver.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta