Did you mean: 

PDF output distorting simple white images

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hencoop
282 Views, 1 Reply

PDF output distorting simple white images

Hello all,

AutoCAD 2014 Plot preview using DWG to PDF shows the output just as it should be; however, when plotted it has distorted some images in both size and rotation.

A side note that might help someone diagnose this problem:  I have discovered that for clipped images placed in a twisted view (DVIEW Twist), if I take care to set the image rotation to match the viewport twist the clipped image will behave and plot correctly.  All of the images here are embedded in a block that is a unit square.  The block is rotated and scaled in X and Y to produce a rectangle matching the text that it hides under.

I have attached PDF's of the "DWG to PDF" preview and plotter output.

The preview is correct but the plotted output is not.

In the DWG to PDF plot, toggle the layer G-HIDE7IMAGE off and on to show the erroneous image mask areas.

I have also attached a PDF of the "TIFF Version 6 (CCITT G4 2D Compression)" plotted output which is correct.

All of these have polylines displayed on them that trace the image boundaries so that the intended masked area that the images should produce can be easily seen.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADnoob
in reply to: hencoop

This is out side of my wheel house.. i would be afraid of aliasing doing what you are doing, but assuming this is not an issue have you looked into the dpi setting of your printer config. it might help if it were high. 

CADnoob printer config.PNG

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta