Did you mean: 

Having trouble printing curved 3D objects

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
515 Views, 13 Replies

Having trouble printing curved 3D objects

I am using AutoCAD 2016 and I am having trouble printing curved 3D objects. When I set my veiwports shade plot to "Legacy hidden", everything looks as it should except the curved objects have triangles on them instead of printing clean. When I set my veiwports shade plot to "3D hidden" the curved objects are clean but my lineweights appear 3 times thicker. How do I print 3D curved objects without triangles and not increase the appearance of my lineweights?

Thanks,

Melodiese Satterwhite

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Melodiese,

Let's take a look at your plot settings!

If I set mine to Hidden and then make sure that the Plot Object Lineweights is not checked, it appears correct. Is this not what you are looking for?  Please give me a bit more detail and attach a drawing that shows this issue.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

I have attached two pdfs showing the two options that I am having
trouble with. Please let me know what else you need from me.

Thanks for the help,

*/Melodiese Satterwhite/*
Message 4 of 14
john.vellek

Hi Melodiese, The attachments didn't make it onto the thread. Please try again and send me the drawing as well so I can explore the problem. You can put all of the files into a ZIP file to make it easy to attach.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Hi John,

I tried to send a zip file with the two pdfs and 1 dwg but I got an
error saying:

"Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain reply01.lithium.com by sv3-smtp8.lithium.com. [208.74.204.8].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit"

What now?

--
*/Melodiese Satterwhite/*
Message 6 of 14
john.vellek

This is what I see when I use 3dHidden ( I dont have your pen table which might also explain some differences)

Let me know if this is different than what you get. It is hard to tell in the PDFs that you sent me excatly what the problem is so if you can pinpoint an area that would be helpful.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

The areas that have the triangles, I need to be clean. Does this help?

Message 8 of 14
john.vellek

Hi Melodiese

I'm sorry   - do you mean the trusses? Can you highlight where you are seeing the problem? I showed this to another tech here and they don't understand either. I apologize that I am not getting the crux of your issue.

Please help me help you.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 14
JDMather

I'm going to take a wild guess (without the dwg file) and ask, "Do you have dispsilh on or off?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

See attached pdf. Does this help?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you John for trying to help. Good bye.

Melodiese

Message 12 of 14
john.vellek

Hi Melodiese,

I was able to get it to print properly after I used -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.

I created the new drawing, set the viewport to hidden and it seemed to print properly for me.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you John! That was it. I knew it had to be something I was over looking.

Thank you for your patients.

Melodiese Satterwhite

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry. Thank you JD!

Melodiese Satterwhite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta