Did you mean: 

PC specs for autocad 2019

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2131 Views, 6 Replies

PC specs for autocad 2019

Would AUTOCAD 2019 or 2020 work well and not slowly on a PC with the following specs?

Intel Core i7-10510U  1.8 GHz (Turbo: 4.9GHz) Quad Core

8Gb RAM

4Gb GPU - NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Would AUTOCAD 2019 or 2020 work well and not slowly

For which file sizes and content? And it depends on how often and how long you work with AutoCAD each day.

>> Intel Core i7-10510U  1.8 GHz

Even if turbo goes up to 4.9GHz ... I always look to the default CPU clock rate to compare performance. 1.8GHz would be to low for average work.

I don't have experience with MX130, but looking to this comparision >>>click<<< you can see it's not the one with the most power. For systems with AutoCAD, used daily, mid or big drawings, 3D too, ... you should look to the values in this chart like GTX9xx or GTX1xxx

Just my 2c, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
pendean

Your PC is an under-performer for both versions: they will both load slow, save slow, and just generally be slow.

Why not purchase a desktop PC (if this is a laptop)? You get way more for the same $$.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

thank you

I wont use it much - just for training and definitly not for big files as this will be a personal computer.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you

I need a laptop.

Which specs do you reommend taking into account this will be a personal computer for training only. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
pendean

The specs for a laptop need to match the system requirements listed here, "basic" is the minimum and enough for your endeavors, your original specs got close except for slow processor, "recommended" is for production use.

Yes, they are generic. AutoCAD is not that complicated for your stated needs, no need to delve into brands too much.
Message 7 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting in the community. 

As @pendean mentioned please review the minimum system requirements for AutoCAD 2019 including Specialized Toolsets they should be adequate. 

Please remember to "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community. Thank you. 😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report