Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc get frozen with AutoCad

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
428 Views, 10 Replies

Pc get frozen with AutoCad

Hi everyone, I have a question about the compatibility of my pc with the software AutoCad.
since I bought my pc, It gets frozen during my work and I have to force the switching off, and I’m trying to resolve this problem with the Asus assistance, and we want to understand if this problem is caused by the hardware or the software. My pc has all the good specifics for working with graphics programms, it’s an Asus N580VD with i7, nVidia gforce gtx1050, 16gb ram and 4gb dedicated. So my question is: is it possible that the freezing of the pc is due to the software AutoCad 2018 (I have a student license)?
thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see that gtx1050 display adapter on the list of supported devices. Presuming this is a new install, the user profile isn't corrupted, and that your data files are clean, then there is a fair chance the display adapter could be causing your issues.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi, thank yuo for replying.

do you mean that this kind of display adpter is totally not supported by AutoCad, or my specific display adapter is dameged/not working good (and this could be the cause of the freezing)? Because in any case I worked with other computers that don’t have any of the diplay adapter of the list you sent me, but this problem never apperead.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Go here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware?_ga=2.26930362.600907184.1549890416-12592...
Enter your software version and your video card make/model and see what @rkmcswain means for finding a driver for your software.

Post a screenshot of each of the following pop-ups in AutoCAD2018, ABOUT and GRAPHICSCONFIG commands.

Also tell everyone here what your Windows version is, make/model of your ASUS, where you store files that you work on and if your files are 2d or 3D.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

In this list I can’t find my card, there are only the Nvidia quadro types, and not the gtx.

Now I can’t use the software because the pc was totally restarted by Asus, in any case I have windows 10 and it happens both with autocad 2018 and 2019, and the model of the pc is the N580VD, the files are stored in the secondary hrd disk of the pc and I mostly use AutoCad 2D.

I was writing here only to know if this kind of problem could be caused by AutoCad or I can think it’s an hardware issue, I don’t know if the freezing is caused by Autocad because sometimes it happens maybe with other programms, it’s just to check if AutoCad could be considered one of the causes.

Message 6 of 11
rkmcswain

What is the argument in your URL for?

Message 7 of 11
rkmcswain

@and.tomasino  wrote:

In this list I can’t find my card, there are only the Nvidia quadro types, and not the gtx.

Yes, @Anonymous - that is the point. Autodesk has not tested this display adapter, and IIRC, that is a fairly low end adapter, so there is a fair chance this is causing the problem. No way for anyone here in the forums to know for sure. Autodesk will help you if you are running supported hardware, but probably not otherwise.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Perfect, thank you so much.

Message 9 of 11
pendean

@rkmcswain wrote:

What is the argument in your URL for?

OP missed your hyperlink methodology... adopt another that encourages others to click on your hyperlinks as others around here do.

Message 10 of 11
rkmcswain

@pendean - perhaps you did not understand my question, or know what a URL argument is. I'm talking about the question mark and the characters that follow it in your posted URL. You might want to check your browser and/or PC for issues. I don't know where that stuff came from.

piaja4423-c1.png

The URL to the autodesk hardware page is simply: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware.

Tags (2)
Message 11 of 11
pendean

I probably got to it from another link at the time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report