Did you mean: 

Path Curve along Elliptical Shape

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
arunvivinjoe
1649 Views, 22 Replies

Path Curve along Elliptical Shape

When I run the command path array over the elliptical curve it doesn't fully run over the curve as i clouded in the below attached image.I also attched dwg file.Can anyone please suggest me some ideas to run the line over the elliptical curve at a distance of 600mm between the lines and it should cover the full ellpitical path?

Screenshot (55).png

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: arunvivinjoe

@arunvivinjoe ,

Consider using the LOFT (Command) and adjusting the U & V Isolines.

ValentinWSP_0-1690882171466.png

ValentinWSP_1-1690882278404.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 23
arunvivinjoe
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Hi @Valentin-WSP  Thank you for your response.As you mentioned loft command I want to know whether we can extract all isolines in one shot.Because I have to place the lines at 600mm C/C .And As I mentioned in my earlier image set of top lines must follow the path from upward to downward and set of bottom lines must follow the path from downward to upward.Because in loft command most of the lines are follow the path from upward to downward to conect the last curve.Please suggest some ideas 

Message 4 of 23
Valentin-WSP

@arunvivinjoe ,

@arunvivinjoe wrote:

... I want to know whether we can extract all isolines in one shot.

... I have to place the lines at 600mm C/C .

... Please suggest some ideas 

May want to read into these links:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

At first (for my understanding. I don't know where you want the 600 distance, I don't see an elliptical path - I'm not sure if I understand right your issue):

Is the attached attempt what you want to achieve?

[EDIT]: A second attempt added. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 23
arunvivinjoe
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Hi @j.palmeL29YX  Great!Thank you for your response.Your First Attempt Purlin Arrangement Test Was almost Correct may i Know how to achieve this?

But the distance between the lines over the curve must be 600 but in your drawiing it was 612 as i shown in the image 1 

First Set of lines must be from upward to downward as i show in the image 2

Second Set of lines must be from downward to upward as i show in the image 2

Centre Line must be straight and Example was shown in image 3

Also Please Refer the Dwg file FYR

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

Message 7 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

Sorry, I still do not understand what you want to get.
Assuming we number the curves (by the way: these are not ellipses) from right to left with 1, 2, 3, ... 8, 9.
Now you want a first bunch of lines between curve_1 and curve_2. These lines touch the curve_1 (with their length overall of L1) from top to down with a distance (arc length) of 600. At the bottom remains a small rest.
Q: In which distance touch this lines the curve_2? I guess proportional the the factor of L2 (length of curve_2) divided by L1. Right?
Now the next bunch of lines between curve_2 to curve_3. We place the same number of lines, but from down to top, the distances along the curves are again proportional to the length of the curves. the remaining rest is now on the opposite side (on top). Right?
We repeat the same between curve_3 and curve_4, beginnig from top to down (the remaining rest on bottom), then between curve_4 and curve_5 from down to top and so on.
This is my understanding of your issue, but I'm nearly sure tht is not correct (?).

Now the top of my ignorance: What do you mean with "the center must be straight line"? The center of what? I have no clue what you hope to achieve.
Can you please correct my (surely wrong) assumptions above and try to describe more clearly which result you need?

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 23
Valentin-WSP

@arunvivinjoe ,

@arunvivinjoe wrote:

... path array over the elliptical curve it doesn't fully run over the curve...

... some ideas to run the line over the elliptical curve at a distance of 600mm between the lines...

...it should cover the full elliptical path? 

None of your elliptical curve are perfectly divisible by 600, therefore its not possible. 

The image below shows the curve distance of 600 in color, with the "white" segments on the left being a different distance.

ValentinWSP_0-1690973346087.png

Also, please clarify what you mean by "Centre must be straight line" (based on what curve?), since each curves is off center.

Emilio Valentin
Message 9 of 23
arunvivinjoe

Hi @j.palmeL29YX  @Valentin-WSP  Sorry for Late reply,You almost solve my friends.

I also Draw roughly the shape I want Please refer the image 1 (Line A to H Upward to downward) (I Straight Line) (J to P Downward to Upward) Please Refer the dwg File
Now Lets say that the curve from 1 to 9 from right to left as shown in the image 2.
And Curve 1 was reference curve which is divided into 16 segments from A to P as shown.
Step 1: But I want curve 1 to be divided into two parts like First Part was red and the second one was green as shown in image 3 (Yellow colour I segment line as reference to divide them to two segments)
(*First Part Red Lines divide the arc with arc length of 600 and leave the remaining and green curve divide the arc with arc length of 600 and leave the remaining)
At the mid of the Two curve I line must be Straight line)
Step 2 :In our previous try shown in image 2 Segments lines (A to H) Follow the direction correctly because it starts from the top of curve 1 and ends in top of curve 9 So no Problem in direction.Like wise our First Segemented Lines (Divided from Red Colour Curve at arc length of 600) of curve 1 Follow the path
Step 3 : I line must be straightly Touch the curve 1 to Curve 9 but in our image 2 it follows the direction like (Ato H) So it is a problem
Step 4 : Line j to l must follow the direction like M to P in image 2 because M to P Follow the direction correctly it starts at the bottom of curve 1 and finishes at bottom of curve 9.

So our Problem is I must be Straight Line and Line J to L must follow the direction like M to P. If it is rectified our problem was solved.If you have anyother Query feel free to ask me

IMAGE 1.jpg

IMAGE 2.jpg

IMAGE 3.jpg

Message 10 of 23
Valentin-WSP

@arunvivinjoe ,

Here is my best attempt, as I understand. Maybe someone else can provide additional help.

Attached is the DWG for you to adjust the circles (for connecting the lines) using the Array options  Divide and Measure.

ValentinWSP_0-1691004351100.png

ValentinWSP_1-1691004421940.png

Emilio Valentin
Message 11 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

A (hopefully last) question:

Where do you want to be placed the yellow I line (in y-direction)? In the center of the curve_1, or with an offset in y-direction from the center (as you have drawn in your "shape to achieve") of about -390.88?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 12 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX wrote:

(hopefully last) 

After reading your post again and again now I still have a question:

Where do you want to measure the 600 distances along the curve_1? From the top most and upper most end of the curve_1 each in direction to the yellow line (from A to I and from P to I. The remaining rest will be arond the yellow line), or beginning at the yellow line in steps of 600 in direction to the both ends of the curve (from I to A and from I to P and the remaining rest will be at the both ends of the curve_1).

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 13 of 23
arunvivinjoe
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Hi @Valentin-WSP Thank you for your response. You have almost completed the model.But one thing was missing that you only draw for 8 curves and the 9th reference curve lines are not perfectly aligned with the 8 curve.And 8 curve lines are seem little bit manually adjusted.If this problems are rectified we come to the exact solution we need.

Message 14 of 23
arunvivinjoe

Hi @j.palmeL29YX  Thank you so much for your response.Yellow I line should not be at the centre of curve 1.It can be arround the value (not exact)I offset in shape to achieve image

Message 15 of 23
arunvivinjoe

Hi @j.palmeL29YX  Thank you my friend you understand the concept really well.Your option 1 is the correct procedure from the top most and upper end of curve 1 the remaining should be adjusted arround the yellow line I.

Message 16 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

See attached attempt. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 17 of 23
arunvivinjoe

Your Attempt was Absolutely correct but you have completed for 8 curves only But we have to start from 9th curve to 1st curve 

Message 18 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

Oops! I grabbed the curves from your "Shape to Achieve" and have overseen that there one curve is missing. My mistake 😞 

Here a corrected version. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 19 of 23
j.palmeL29YX

@arunvivinjoe wrote:

Hi @j.palmeL29YX 

.. may i Know how to achieve this?

If you are still interested how that was done, I can show you a video on Monday (while the weekend I'm busy elsewhere). 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 20 of 23
arunvivinjoe

Hi,can you explain me how you achieve the shape you have drawn using polar array?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report