Parametric arrays

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
958 Views, 4 Replies

Parametric arrays

Hello!
I may have an easily solveable problem, but I wasn't able to find out how to do it.
I simply would like to create a path array with a circle for example, and want the diameters of the circles in the array to linearly increase, attached a manually created example.
Thank you very much for your help.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

Welcome to the Forum.

Check these suggestion from @Kent1Cooper on this link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/array-objects-with-progressively-increasing-size/td-p/4773403

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

What @Valentin-WSP linked to is about a rectangular Array, but aside from the rows question, the same questions apply to one along a path.  What I imagine as a solution would be an AutoLisp routine to place incremented-size Circles, but the results would not be parametric, i.e. the Circles placed by it would not adjust if you edited the route or length of the path.  But would something automated but non-parametric work for you?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
Michiel.Valcke

you can create them manually, and set them up parametrically

MichielValcke_0-1627474325480.png

So a more complicated lisp routine could create those circles AND those parameters. But you would need to decide beforehand under what kind of formula you would wish to set the parameters. It would also be very limited in what type of objects you can array in this way. Most type of objects or types of parameters would each require their own routine.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for the replies!
I tried Inkscape which was mentioned in the link above in the comments, and it works really easily with the interpolation tool, then I can import it to Autocad.
I'll also try the lisp routine.
Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta