Did you mean: 

Paper size field inside block will not update like other fields

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jove8472
128 Views, 1 Reply

Paper size field inside block will not update like other fields

Hi everyone, 

I am not certain this is the place for this question but from what i gather it is likely to be where I can get the best help.

I have a dynamic block where i have entered multiple fields (paper size, date, file name, etc.) to include in my layouts. 

All the fields update accordingly with "regen" or at moment of plotting to paper or pdf, except for the paper size field. 

The only way it updates is if the mtext box the field is in, is not inside of a block. 

Why does that particular field not update when inside a block, whilest others do ?

I have attached a file with said block and mtext, as well as different lyouts to test. 

( I am using Autocad 2024 on a PC)

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Jove8472

You need to change those text fields to attribute fields to get them to work like that. 

The reason is that they are contextual properties and have to be treated differently. 

CADnoob contextual fields.gif

For compatibility with previous releases, contextual fields in blocks and xrefs are not updated when you insert them in a drawing; instead, the field displays the last cached value. Therefore, if you want to use a contextual field within a block, for example, a title block, you must insert the field as an attribute. For example, a title block can use the CurrentSheetNumber field as an attribute. When you insert the title block, the field displays the sheet number of the sheet on which the title block is inserted.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-D32A29E7-7B98-4ADB-BF32-5CC24DBCC8C3

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report