Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panning with Logitech M560 Mouse

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
3949 Views, 15 Replies

Panning with Logitech M560 Mouse

Whenever I use the middle button to pan, it switches between open tabs. For example, If I have a file open and the Start Tab is beside it, when I click and hold the middle button to pan in my file, it switches to the Start Tab. I am using a Logitech M560 Mouse. Before you ask, Yes, I did download the appropriate mouse software and programmed the middle button to be used in this fashion. I was using the function fine for several weeks up until this morning when I opened AutoCAD and this issue started.  I am using AutoCAD 2017 Student.

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

what is the value of MBUTTONPAN?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

MBUTTONPAN = 1

Message 4 of 16
TheCADnoob

Message 5 of 16
TheCADnoob

I might also double check the button assignments in the driver utility. Sometimes i have better luck with generic windows drivers with some peripherals so you can also try uninstalling the driver as well. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Thank you! This worked - at least for now. 

Message 7 of 16
TheCADnoob

glad to have helped- at least for now hehe

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Unfortunately this was only a temporary fix. It is no longer working. I have no idea how that makes any sense - how it could work for a while then stop working again without me changing any settings is baffling.

Message 9 of 16
TheCADnoob

did the values in your CUI change?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

No, they did not change. After I changed them as it told me to, the CUI value remained the same after I closed the CUI window. I even re-opened it to check and made sure that I had hit "Apply" before closing.

Message 11 of 16
TheCADnoob
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

So essentially it is saying that the mouse may actually be the problem, not CAD itself. That makes sense I suppose, but it is just strange that it would work flawlessly for several weeks and then suddenly stop working. I can always buy another wireless mouse to use for CAD and see if that makes a difference. Thank you so much for your help, hopefully that will solve my problem.
Message 13 of 16
TheCADnoob

Im about to murder my M570 cause of a bad button so its not beyond the scope of possibilities that its the mouse. it does sound like an odd problem though. Does it functional as it should in other programs?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 14 of 16
RobDraw

The Logitech SetPoint software has created problems for me in the past. When not installed, no issues.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

This problem occurs when you use some models of Logitech® mouse [like my M560], that changes the regular escrow to smoot mode when you press the wheel.
The way I find to solve it in Revit® and CAD® was use the command “PAN” at the keyboard, and them use the left bouton to pan. Otherwise, I use also my old M280 mouse in such programs, due it don´t have the dual mode wheel.
There is the only way to solve your problem. That´s all my friend. Thanks TOM.

@Anonymous wrote:

Whenever I use the middle button to pan, it switches between open tabs. For example, If I have a file open and the Start Tab is beside it, when I click and hold the middle button to pan in my file, it switches to the Start Tab. I am using a Logitech M560 Mouse. Before you ask, Yes, I did download the appropriate mouse software and programmed the middle button to be used in this fashion. I was using the function fine for several weeks up until this morning when I opened AutoCAD and this issue started.  I am using AutoCAD 2017 Student.

Message 16 of 16
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

There is the only way to solve your problem.

Not true. Other solutions and possible causes were given.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta