Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Setup Scale when changing Units

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Mitrovski95
158 Views, 0 Replies

Page Setup Scale when changing Units

I have a template that is in mm that I would like to convert to cm. While the template was still in mm just as a test i drew a 5000x5000mm square. At a scale of 1:50 this should plot as 10cm. I'm plotting from layout so in page setup I created an A3 sheet and I set the scale as 1:1 (1mm = 1 unit). I set the viewport annotation scale as 1:50 and it plots correctly. When I measured the paper size using DIST it measures correctly at 420x297mm.Then I used -dwgunits to change to cm with these settings:

1. Drawing units >4
  2. Drawing unit display formats >2
  3. Linear display format >2
  4. Linear display precision > 2
  5. Scale objects from other drawings upon insert? >yes
  6. Match INSUNITS to drawing units? >yes
  7. Scale objects in current drawing to reflect change in units?> yes
  8. Include objects in Paper Space? >yes

The paper size doesn't change to 42x29.7 but it remains 420x297. When i go to plot settings the scale automatically changes to 1:10 but it still says 1mm = 1 unit (there is no option for cm, just mm and inches). With this setting everything plots correctly, but shouldn't the scale be set as 1:1 and set to 1:50 via the annotation scale in the viewport? So when I set page setup scale to 1:1 i get 1mm = 0.1 units (which i guess i correct as 1mm=0.1cm) but then the viewport becomes too big and doesn't fit on the paper and when i set the annotation scale to 1:50 it doesn't print at the correct scale.  I uploaded a short video of the process on youtube, perhaps it will show better what I mean: https://youtu.be/34qQI4eYKrM 

I'm not sure what the final option under -dwgunits does (include object in paper space) but i tried it with NO as well and I get the same problem. I'm just trying to better understand how the plotting scales work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report