Did you mean: 

Opening Autocad files in Radan

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sbromley
1102 Views, 6 Replies

Opening Autocad files in Radan

I have a question regarding Radan. I know this isn't a Radan forum but it involves Autocad.

I use Autocad to create 2D drawings. I always use model space for my  drawing drawn at 1: & paper space for my drawing sheet using viewports to scale the drawing in model space (others in my company don't understand paper space so do everything in model space). This is the way I've always been led to believe Autocad works. Why else would there be paper space!!! I always therefore save my drawings in paper space mode.

We have a department that uses Radan to do whatever Radan does. If they open a paper space drawing most of the information in the drawing sheet ( a block ) is missing and the drawing is scaled down in accordance with the drawing scale. If they open a drawing created in model space this doesn't happen

I can understand the scaling issue because drawing sheet is always 1:1 but the viewport scales down the drawing in model space, but I'd have expected Radan to be able to see the full size drawing in model space.

Does anyone send paper space drawings to be opened in Radan and if so how is this problem overcome without resorting to having my drawing sheet in model space?

Autocad Mechanical 2023
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sbromley
in reply to: sbromley

Further to this DWG files saved recently crash Radan but older files don't even though all settings are the same.
If a new drawing it crashes Radan but if an old drawing is opened 1st then the new drawing DOESN'T crash Radan!!
Autocad Mechanical 2023
Message 3 of 7
maratovich

What is Radan?

And what is your ultimate goal?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 5 of 7
pendean

>>>...DWG files saved recently crash Radan but older files don't...<<<
You answered your own question, time to use AECTOACAD to properly knock files down.
OR...
RADAN support is over there https://www.radan.com/supportmenu

Message 6 of 7
s.borello

You should not use your sheets, rather just a model space dwg. And save your autocad dwg to 2013 format. Any better results?

Message 7 of 7
sbromley
in reply to: s.borello

I do save as Autocad 2013 The sheets are the same whether in paper or model space.  A drawing without a drawing sheet isn't a drawing.

The guys that use Radan have finally logged a support cal. I'll see what they make of it.

Autocad Mechanical 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report