Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object doesn't snap correct after ID coordinates and move

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jocke.o92
452 Views, 10 Replies

Object doesn't snap correct after ID coordinates and move

I want to move some object to a know coordinate .For this I use ID on the corcet coordinate intersection shown in the image (blue). Then I copy this coordinates from the command filed. After that I select the object I want to move and type move, specify the base point and the after enter the ID coordinates that I just copied.

But when I zoom in closely, I see that is not moved to the exact location, I did not snap on the intersection that I copied the coordinates from. The white line in the image is the object move to the blue intersection. It is a very small distance between them, 0.000037m, but I still want it to be perfect. Coordinates show same location.

Why is this?

I use this to move non coordinate drawings to correct coordinate for drawings.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: jocke.o92

@jocke.o92 ,

This could be an issue of high coordinate values (too far from coordinate 0,0,0) - move closer to 0,0,0.

Read these helpful links:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 11
cadffm

Hi,

different Z Position..! You copied just x and y coordinate values perhaps?

And another thing: AutoCAD uses mor than just 8 decimal places, but you see just 8 (if luprec is set to 😎

and the view is not perpendicular?

Command PLAN world or current

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
cadffm

I re-write my answer:

Look at your both ID results, you copied numbers with only 3 decimal places - these values are rounded values!

for example:

1.23456789 is the real X-coordinate,

your luprec is set to 3, thats why ID say: 1.124

You copy from xxxx to X=1.124

but the real X coordinate is 1.23456789

Difference= 0.00543211

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

Never use the value which you see on the screen (e.g. after "id", or "list" or in the properties window and others)  as input for an other command. (@cadffm wrote above why not). 

Why you don't use the int osnap (or other osnaps if needed) directly while the move command?  >>example<<

EDIT: 

By the way: If _int doesn't work because the two lines don't touch (which I don't believe, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to get the [approximate] intersection coordinates using the id command), you can use the Apparent Intersection (_appint) instead. Read more about this in the help (F1).

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
cadffm

>>" I did not snap on the intersection that I copied the coordinates from."

But you should SNAP to the intersection 😉

from point <clickpoint>

V1: Same Z-Value as Intersection

to:

_int

<your copied coordinate>

V2: Same X+Y Value, but Z-Value 0

to:

.Z

_int

<your copied coordinate>

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
jocke.o92
in reply to: cadffm

This is true. I saw it now and that is the problem. 

Message 8 of 11
jocke.o92
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

But this I could also do if my drawing is close to the point, but in my case I I want to be able to copy an insertion point and move it to the intersection without the need to zoom and snap on.

Message 9 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

I don't understand what you want to do. Can you post an example drawing please? 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
jocke.o92
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

What I want to do is an action record that record my moves (scale, move, rotate). I have a coordinate grid (Baslines/systemlines), and I get drawings that are not in correct coordinate system, just origo 0 and in mm. So what I want to do is record my action when I scale, move, rotate to the correct coordinate system lines. And to move my drawing to this intersection of two lines I wanted to use ID to get the coordinates and the just copy this coordinates to the move function so that my drawing will move to the exact intersection. Now I need to move it one more time to get it exact.

I will give an example video, because I am so bad at explaining and my English is not that good.

Message 11 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

If I understand you right, I would simply use the ALIGN command to move, rotate and scale the "wrong" geometry into the wanted coordinate system. 

>>demo_video<< 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report