Did you mean: 

nightly data extraction?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jacodavi
371 Views, 4 Replies

nightly data extraction?

I would like to automate the data extraction on a library of drawings (approximately 800 drawings). I'd like the extract to go to the same folder and displace the folder already there. This will mostly allow me to query for problem drawings which may have incorrect geometry on layers reserved for Plines, for instance. Is this something I can do at the Windows command prompt outside of autocad on my laptop?

thanks in advance,

David Jacobs, NCARB, LEED AP, CPD

Space Allocation Manager

Space Management | OSU UFIO (University Facilities Infrastructure and Operations)

850 SW 35th (Western Building)

Oregon State University | Corvallis, OR 97333 |Ph:   541.737.2119
david.jacobs@oregonstate.edu

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jacodavi

There is no OOTB option in AutoCAD (or Windows) to do anything like that, sorry.

Are you using some special 3rd party or add-on tool for your facilities space management? You might reach out to their support teams or help with what you need.
Message 3 of 5
jacodavi

we currently use a plugin called aimcad and works very well for the data to be sent to the database. we're only using some simple information such as polylines which define rooms on floors in buildings. we have floorplans for each building. But...we are now migrating to a new system which is GIS based. the old way of creating and maintaining drawings is not precise enought for what is required in GIS. A huge lift was identifying polylines which were not closed. Now we have other errors such as non standard geometry on layers which expect only polylines. I've found the data extract tool very helpful in analyzing our library and looking for universal problems in the drawings. However I thought it would be helpful to run this as a scripted nightly process. and we'd be able to look up what the problem areas are.

Message 4 of 5
JTBWorld

If you need help to achieve this welcome to contact us as some programming is needed. 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 5 of 5
timothy_crouse

Check Out "Hurricane"  at https://74mph.com/

I use to perform many automation tasks.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report