Did you mean: 

new to autocad 3d , cant locate 3d tools

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2027 Views, 12 Replies

new to autocad 3d , cant locate 3d tools

hi , 

i just installed 2017 student autocad , i open a few 2d drawings and was messing around all ok..........i opened a 3d session drew a circle and was looking to make a cylinder out of it........using the 3d commands.....push-pull , subtract  , etc (solids tab).................but cant find them any where....help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forums.

Can you set a 3D modeling Workspace?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

yes  , have it open now

Message 4 of 13
AllenJessup

Does that mean you've found the commands you were looking for?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
pendean

Ask your teacher?

So you have what open exactly? in AutoCAD2017 there are TWO 3D workspaces, one called BASIC and one called 3D Modelling, and both change the Ribbon to have a doze tabs and panels for these tasks.

Post a screenshot of each of these two workspaces after you set them: We want to see the full expanded program window of each, we want to see what you see on your screen in AutoCAD.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

no

in the tabs you got 

home , insert , annotate , parametric , view.....etc

where is my solids tab ????......which has all the 3d modeling functions ( pushpull , subtract , extrude...... etc)

do they not give you this in the student version ?????

im in 3d , because i can rotate around my circle that i created

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

i found it

its a toggle in the the lower right corner

thanks to myself

you guys are pros and couldnt explain that ?????

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

AutoCAD is quite possible the easiest of the many programs Autodesk has to learn. Others like Inventor, 3DS Max, CAD Civil, as well as many others are much more difficult as they are very complex. But, once you get the hang of any program, you can run with it. When I learned AutoCAD, I was taught many of the functions, but you can learn only so much in a 3-month class. I have learned more about CAD from my current job than I have from school or from other previous employers combined, and I have only been at this job a short while.

Now, it can be very frustrating to figure things out. I still cannot figure things out on my own, and there are always going to be new things to learn and new ways to solve an issue. One of the hardest to do is explain specifically what you would like to know. Not everyone can understand what others are asking, and not everyone can understand the answer. But the forum is here to help us from time-to-time, so it is best to not criticize those who try to help. Sometimes the answer is staring directly at us and we do not see it right away.

By the way, if you have an instructor that is teaching you how to create 3d models, be very thankful, I still do not know how to use the 3d CAD. If I wanted to use it, I would most likely have to figure it out the best I can.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

First, I am a pro, been using 3D in AutoCAD in the work environment for 3 decades.

Second, your initial question asked about tools and you were given the proper answers for that question even though you utter failed to recognize them.  That's because your poorly worded question was vague and without clear explanation of your issues.

Next, AutoCAD is ALWAYS 3D in modelspace, just because you can alter your viewing perspective doesn't mean bupkis.

And lastly if you're talking about the WORKSPACE toggle in the lower right corner you were already given that answer, you just missed it.  You should also know that it isn't always in the lower right corner of the screen.  Mine isn't, its on the quick access toolbar.  BTW, the ribbon and workspace aren't the only place you can find 3D modeling tools, there is also a toolbar, and a menubar pulldown.

This is a peer to peer network group, most of us are here taking a break from from our daily grind before climbing back into another 5 or 6 hours of cading.  While I can't speak for everyone, when you're the one looking for help with some vague (and inaccurate) question, I really don't need your attitude.  I have plenty attitude of my own, thank you.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

wow

your a pro

dreamy

hey man..............i dont have an attitude......and i never said anything to you................where are you even coming from ???

go back to your hole

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

you're right man

good attitude.........

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I can see you getting a LOT of help around here.  

I AM in my hole, you came HERE to ask your ignorant question.

Message 13 of 13
AllenJessup

@Anonymous wrote:

i found 

you guys are pros and couldnt explain that ?????

Glad you found it. As has been pointed out. A good explanation and a screenshot or two will get a much better response. I'm still not 100% sure which "toggle" you mean. If you're toggling through the tabs and panel display of the ribbon. The commands are available all the time if click on the heading. 

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report