Did you mean: 

new laptop recommendations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hotmonkeylove4u
305 Views, 2 Replies

new laptop recommendations

Hello All,

I am looking to procure new Laptops for my team, and am looking for any recommendations.  We are not heavy 3D users/developers but still want that capability, we do primarily 2D floorplans and block work, we are heavy script users though.  Products being run are AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2018.  For this procurement performance will superseded price.

Thanks,

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Autocad only uses a single core so you want something with fast single core speeds. I'm sure you'll get something with multiple cores, but keep in mind that 4 cores all with speeds of say 3ghz will be better than 8 cores with individual speeds of 2.6ghz.  Definitely solid state drives and lots of ram. Other than that it's mostly personal preference. Try and stick to the supported graphics cards list on autodesks site.  Although I have an MSI laptop with a gtx 970 card in it that runs autocad great, but that card isn't (last time I checked) on the list of cards. I heard people say they have the newer gtx 10xx series cards and they work well also.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 3

you can try to check it HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report