Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Drawing1

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rmarkowitz
773 Views, 12 Replies

New Drawing1

Does anyone know of a way to keep AutoCAD from opening Drawing1 when you open a new window?

I've read a bunch about modifying lsps and such, but our workflow varies too much from project to project to have a consistent startup procedure. I've also read about turnning off the save without modification feature, but it doesn't solve the problem

AutoCAD has a decent "Start" page with recently open projects, etc. and I'd like to use it and minimize workflow hassle. This is a stupid feature too given the Start tab.

Thanks in advance for your help!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
user181
in reply to: rmarkowitz

Hi @rmarkowitz, try changing the STARTUP variable to 0, 2 or 3.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
rmarkowitz
in reply to: user181

I tried that. It didn't change anything.

Message 4 of 13
rmarkowitz

I actually currently have it set to 3. And I'm still wishing Drawing1 was gone!

Message 5 of 13
rmarkowitz

And setting it back to two has now made AutoCAD completely unable to open.

It keeps giving me a Fatal Error: "Unhandled Delayload "RegisterToday.dll" Module Not Found Excpetion at bc909e08h"

So that's useless...and now very broken.

Message 6 of 13
user181

Setting it to 2 works for me. Maybe there is something wrong with your autocad installation.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
rmarkowitz

I reinstalled it from scratch after I went through this a few months ago.

Sent an error report to Autodesk, never heard back.

And, hence the reposting of this question.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Its similar issue is fixed at AutoCAD 2017 service pack1.

I hope your version is 2017.

See this Link

Message 9 of 13
gotphish001

It was my understanding that if you open another drawing before you click on drawing1 or do anything in it even zoom that it goes away by itself when the new drawing opens. Mine doesn't start with drawing1 anymore so maybe the patch fixed it. It was months ago so I forget exactly how it worked. I have my startUP set to 3.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 10 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @rmarkowitz,

Submitting a crash report will not get you a response from Autodesk. It merely collects crash data so refinements and fixes can be made on the development side.

I suggest that you perform a Reset Settings to Default after you perform a Repair in the Windows Control Panel for Programs.

After that, setting Startup=3 should help with this issue. Please also make sure that you have fully updated your installation from the Desktop App or through your account page.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 11 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @rmarkowitz,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Could you try this, because it could be useful for you..!!!

Command "STARTMODE" and set as "0" or "1"

Regards

Ananthakumar

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 13 of 13
rmarkowitz
in reply to: john.vellek

@Anonymous The start Tab is not the problem, Drawing1 is.

@john.vellek I do not have the bandwidth at this moment to fully reinstall AutoCAD. I will try your suggestion when I get a chance to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report