Did you mean: 

New computer for AutoCad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike
654 Views, 4 Replies

New computer for AutoCad

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a new computer as I just started with AutoCad, I would like to get something powerful enough for AutoCad and maybe some other 3d modeling programs later. I have one seleceted from HP but I am not very skilled with the hardware jargon. If anyone could look at my selection and see if it should work, much thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mike

Hi Mike,

I thinhk you've made some good chioces if I'm reading your list properly but there is one thing I would change.

I would choose a single 8 gb ram chip, 8 gb really is the minimum you should be using.

Then when you are ready to add to it, you can just choose another single chip, 8 or 16 if you wish.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

http://hardware.autodesk.com is a good place to start for minimum specs.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

There is something I forgot.

Don't forget to check on the maximum amount of ram that the motherboard will handle.

All of the computers at my work that run any 3D AutoCAD have 32 gig of ram installed.

Including the laptops.

I know that most current laptops will not go any higher than 32 but if it's in a desktop and your bugget, I'd try for a board that will handle 64 just to be safe.

You will always run into obsolete hardware with computers within just a couple of years but that does not mean anything to those of us that already have a good working system.

I think it's worth looking into.

Radar

Message 5 of 5
mike
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the help, I did look at the minimum requirements, but it's not allways the best idea to get the minimum. I will check on the other suggestions as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta