Need help with autoCAD exercise problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2928 Views, 2 Replies

Need help with autoCAD exercise problems

Hello everybody,

I have four exercise problems that I do not know how to do. Can you please help me with those?

For EX2-16: How to construct the ellipse in the middle? I got confused by the dimensions around that ellipse.

EX2-20: How do you draw the round rectangle in the middle and the R50 arc on the right-middle side of the drawing

EX2-30: I have no idea with this one beside the middle part

EX2-31: How do you make those curves on the side?

Thank you. 

IMG_2631.JPGIMG_2632.JPGIMG_2633.JPGIMG_2634.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

EX2-16

For the Ellipse, it appears not to be an ellipse at all but rather line segments with end points located by the provided dimensions or perhaps it is an ellipse with the ends cut off? It is unclear.

EX2-20

For the R50, you can start with a circle of R=50 and locate it by Quadrant snap to the end of the R8 fillet.

Capturea.PNG

Captureb.PNG

To get the top arc of the rectangular shape just offset 20

EX2-30

Start with a circle with R13

Copy it up 57 and then connect the outside Quads with straight lines

Capturec.PNG

EX2-31

Start by locating the first curve which appears to share the same center point as the hole.

Then fillet R10 with the straight edge

Locate the second curve similary based upon a centerpoint of the rt hand hole.

Then connect the two using a circle TTR with R515 ant then trim off the excess of the arcs.

Captured.PNG

I hope this is clear enough.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
kennyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous!

Welcome to the forums; how fun!

Thing to remember, in CAD there are usually (at least) 6 ways to do something, so my suggestions below are but a few - there are better and different ways depending on work flows and experiences.

Start with the first one:  EX 2-16

There are dimensions to each of those points, so you can draw lines or place points for each of those parts.  Using the Nodes of the points or End Points of the lines, you can place the ellipse.  You also have its center point and known points, so you could use those to develop the ellipse, too.

EX 2-20:  Use the fillet command or the offset command.  Ifyou have the R50, offset it the 20 shown and trim/fillet.  Or do the math and use fillet to create both arcs

EX2-30: Except for the middle part, make all the radii corners.  Layout out the shape, then use Fillet to round out each curve.

EX2-31:  Fillet again.

So it looks like you need to practice and figure out the fillet command;  A zero radius makes a sharp corner between two lines, (Extends & Trims), A radius of any other makes the curves by extending/trimming to the set radius.

Hope this helps!

Kenny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta