Need help scaling and exporting file to pdf

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1633 Views, 8 Replies

Need help scaling and exporting file to pdf

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I am new to autocad and cannot seem to be able to export and scale my document to what I need.

I just want the contour layer to be exported to pdf at 1:500 cm to meters on an a0 page so I can overlay it on my masterplan of the same dimensions that is in photoshop.

I know it must be very simple and obvious, but I can't seem to make it work, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Emma

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gotphish001
in reply to: Anonymous

Your units are set to draw in millimeters. That might be what is giving your issues. You can type "units" to see this. Is the drawing only supposed to be 8.886 meters longs? 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 9
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I noticed too that your drawing units are set to MM but that didn't make sense when I actually measured items such as buildings.

I turned everything on in model space and scaled it up.

Then I went to a layout, created a Pagesetup for A0 using the AutoCAD PDF driver. Then I applied a Scale List of 1:500.

I hope this is right. If it still doesn't measure properly, please give me a distance in the model that we know measures to an exact value.

Capture.PNG

If this does look correct I am happy to explain any of these steps if you need help.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 9
ara_neresesian

hi

in a very easy way draw an A0 size rectangle in your model in metric 0.841 in 1.189 (or the size of  you want in the final print)

and scale it 500 time put the rectangle to that area which you want to plot (don't starch or re scale rectangle ) just move

then print it by selecting A0 size paper and input scale  1=0.5 mm then plot it and device dwg to pdf .

you can do it in page layout also but its a little long and hard way

I forget to say if you need a clean area like your frame (rectangle which u draw ) use it as mask (outer) for your surface .

Message 5 of 9
Mark_C_123

Try this 🙂

Message 6 of 9
ara_neresesian
in reply to: Mark_C_123

Hi
I don’t understand what I have to try
If you have problem with scaling your pdf file send me your dwg file
And the area which you want to plot 1:500 by polygon in your model .
I can do the pdf file for you in A0 and 1:500 scale
Message 7 of 9
Mark_C_123
in reply to: ara_neresesian

Nothing. Its for Emma

Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you everyone for your help!

I corrected the measuremnts and scaled it up in model space and then managed to export it through the print pdf facilty and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again for answerring so quickly.

Emma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta