Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Bar randomly dissapears

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robbie_in_oz
1441 Views, 7 Replies

Navigation Bar randomly dissapears

I use the navigation bar (right side of screen) quite regularly. But at times, it regularly disappears at random during use of AutoCAD and I can only get it to reappear, when I click "save".

Very frustrating!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jerry.ford
in reply to: robbie_in_oz

I'm not sure why it is disappearing, but you should be able to make it appear by typing NAVBARDISPLAY and entering 1.

You can also toggle it on and off from the Viewports Tools panel in the View tab of the ribbon.

Hope that helps.

Jerry Ford

Senior Interaction Designer
Message 3 of 8
robbie_in_oz
in reply to: jerry.ford

I understand that I can get it to reappear by toggling the Nav Bar command.
But why should I have to keep doing that every 5 mins or so!!!
I already have to click and type thousands of commands a day. This is just useless work, that doesn’t contribute to the paying job, at all!!!!
Message 4 of 8
Vinayv4v
in reply to: robbie_in_oz

Hi,

Save your workspace after setting all the toolbars you want with the WSSAVE. And make it current so you don't have to reset them each time you open autocad.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 5 of 8
imm74
in reply to: Vinayv4v

I am also having the same problem.  Using ACAD 2019.

The navigation bar will randomly disappear.   I can reopen it, but it is very inconvenient.  I use the zoom all and orbit all the time and having to reopen the bar wastes time.

Is this a known issue that you are working on?

Message 6 of 8
jeff.lentz
in reply to: imm74

This affects me as well, and it's more noticeable because the 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator requires the NavBar to be turned on to work correctly.  This is a new installation of AutoCAD 2020 and the NavBar has turned itself off randomly in AutoCAD versions 2020, 2018, and 2016 that I've used. I'll enter a drawing and the spacenavigator is unresponsive, and then I realize the NavBar has turned itself off again. It's perhaps a minor inconvenience for NavBar users, but it also shuts down my main view manipulation device at the same time. It's frustrating that it continues to happen over so many versions of AutoCAD without a fix.

Message 7 of 8
dekurzdorfer
in reply to: jeff.lentz

I have the exact same issue. Fresh install of acad2020.  Also using 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator, so it's a huge pain to have the navbar turn itself off so frequently.  As a workaround, I leave a blank drawing open and toggle back and forth, and that seems to bring it back.  It's marginally faster than turning the navbar off and on. @jeff.lentz @jerry.ford 

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: dekurzdorfer

Find out when it is turning itself off for sure: use SYSTVARMONITOR command, when it pop-ups up, stop, and examine your commandline history and hidden prompts that are turning it off.

or customize with LISP to set it at startup or create a reactor that always checks and always reset it all the time: the LISP forum over there can help you create both https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

If you only ever want to wait on Autodesk, like the folks before you, you can let Autodesk know over here at this link and they may do something in the next few years https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report