Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple viewports different text/scale

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3253 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple viewports different text/scale

I have 8 different detail viewports with from 5 different drawings. I need them to all to have the same text/scale in paper space, but of course they are all different in model space. A co-worker showed me a way to match the text by: 

Using Mtext in paper space (some random text) make sure it's 3/32

Copy it open the view port I want to change and pasted it in the viewport

Go into model space double click the text I just pasted, change it to 3/32 in model space

Match the properties of that text to the text in the view port 

Do this to all the viewports and when I done they all would be the same scale in the paper it worked for 5 of the 8, but I can't figure out why it did not work for the other 3. 

Thanks in advance.

LaMonte B.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
clandrew89
in reply to: Anonymous

that seems like a major work around.  If you don't use annotation scales, then you would just need to get the scale factor for your paper sizes.  the way your co worker did it avoids simple math but isn't very efficient.  the matchprop is bypassing factor to go from model space to paper. 

Without annotation scales the text in model space should be the size according to what the viewport will be scaled.  For instance...a 1:20 scale drawing would be model space text size 1.6

Thank you Autodesk community.
kudos for anyone who takes the time to help me out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report