Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader Position Messed up

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1578 Views, 9 Replies

Multileader Position Messed up

I am using AutoCAD LT 2015 and I have a problem with multileaders.

I copy the leaders (with the text as separate objects), then stretch (or grip edit) to position the arrowheads.

I close the file, and everytime I reopen it, the circles mess up in their positions. 

Meanwhile, the arrowheads are still placed well and the text objects are where the circles were supposed to be positioned.

I do not know what causes this, but correcting this each time doubles my revision time.

Thanks for the help!

Multileader.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

would you please attache here a CAD drawing with that damaged multileader , for testing ? 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Please refer to attachment. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I do not know what causes this, but correcting this each time doubles my revision time. <<

as you see from below image this is how it should be used !!!! i have a question here please :

Why should you force yourself to use a Mleader object since you don't need the arrow head and the text or even the size scale ?!!  Smiley Wink  

ujj.png

if do you want reality isometric status for those leaders ... i suggest to draw a line and isometric ellipse depending on your isodraft orientation and as describe here . >> Click <<

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Why should you force yourself to use a Mleader object since you don't need the arrow head and the text or even the size scale ?

1) Because the leader lines always move relative to the center of the circle whenever the arrow head is repositioned using grip edit. (I am thinking about replacing them with dynamic blocks but we already began the whole project using this, and we are simply revising old files)

2) It just happened that for this specific set, the project standards (for uniformity with old drawings) requires no arrowhead, but we definitely do use arrowheads that requires to conform to scale when tagging objects for material list.

3) We omitted utilizing the text, since we need only the leader line + circle block annotation. In my opinion, text objects are easier to format (size, font, color, layer, width, etc.), select, or find when by themselves. They sometimes need to exist in a different layer.

Hope these answer your question. 

P.S. I need not the isometric orientation, simply the Mleader as it is.

P.P.S. I just want to save then come back to the drawing just as I had saved. I usually come back finding out that the circle block of that Mleader misplaced, away from where I had put it before closing the file 😞 

Message 6 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

If I were your place .. as you know there is just three isoplane orientation that use: Left, Right, or Top. for that prepare 3 dynamic blocks with proper oblique text attribute related with those isoplane .get back to my first post and see how to accomplish your issue . 

all the best ... 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I need not the isometric orientation, simply the Mleader as it is.

I just want to save, then come back to the drawing just as I had saved. I usually come back finding out that the circle block of that Mleader misplaced, away from where I had put it before closing the file 😞 

That is my problem.

Message 8 of 10
imadHabash

>> P.S. I need not the isometric orientation, simply the Mleader as it is. <<

for me ... to get out from this problem you have to Modify all of your Mleader settings to fit your drawing scale size and without using separated text . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

i will try that when i'm no longer in a rush to revise.

but so far, i've got no problem with the scale, size, etc.

the following expectations are met:

drawing scale = 1

arrowhead size = n/a

text size for balloon = 3.75 (separated object from annotation)

balloon diameter = 7

⋆⋆⋆the problem i have is the position of the balloon (circle block of the Mleader) changes position when saved and reopened. ⋆⋆⋆

it happens when they are revised by grip edit or stretch command. i guess i'll just avoid using either grip or stretch Smiley Sad  and check everything i saved lest they mess up again.

Message 10 of 10
gotphish001

I'm not sure why it's doing that but why not just include the text in the block. I think either LT or plain had these blocks built right into the program.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report