Did you mean: 

Move Sketch from current UCS to new UCS projected along Z axis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cjackson2N65T
186 Views, 6 Replies

Move Sketch from current UCS to new UCS projected along Z axis

I am working with a point cloud and would like to move my plan view drawing "up" in the Z axis direction to clear the top of the point cloud. I have created a new UCS that is projected a distance above the current UCS in the Z direction, let's say (0,0,50) units above the current UCS origin). How do I move the sketch from the current UCS to this new UCS so that only the drawing's Z coordinate changes, that is, everything is aligned, it just sits on the XY plane of this elevated UCS?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: cjackson2N65T

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

Select all of your CAD elements after activating MOVE command then select 0,0,0 for start point. Now you can specify your Z value for Second point by using coordinate as described Here

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
cjackson2N65T
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for finding a solution. Can you tell me how to find the Z coordinate value of the new UCS so I can be sure that when I use the MOVE command, it puts the drawing on exact level of the new UCS XY plane? When I click on the existing UCS, its PROPERTIES tab does not show me its XYZ coordinates like I'd see if I clicked on a line (Start Z, End Z, etc.). I would assume there is some way to find a UCS's coordinates relative to the WCS?

Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

I suggest to try ID (Command).

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
cjackson2N65T

When I use ID at the new UCS origin, it returns (0,0,0). I need to know the new UCS coordinates relative to the WCS or relative to the original UCS that I want to move the drawing from. 

Message 6 of 7
imadHabash

Click on below image that i hope will give a hint...

Z value.gif

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
cjackson2N65T

Thank you for your help. I made a line on the new UCS, switched to the original UCS, used the change (command) to find the elevation, so now I know how far the new UCS is from the original UCS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report