Did you mean: 

Move circle with hatch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
julia.langeT5493
729 Views, 4 Replies

Move circle with hatch

I created a circle with a solid hatch filling. I grouped them.

Now I would like to copy and move both, but I always either grab the conture or the filling. Is there an easy way to grab both, without the need to group every copy of the circle again?

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Make the Hatch pattern ASSOCIATIVE with its boundary.  From the Hatch settings dialog box:

Kent1Cooper_0-1624905047298.png

Then when you change anything about the boundary [whether you MOVE it, or in the case of a Circle, change its radius], the Hatch will adjust accordingly.  But be careful to do such changes on the boundary object(s), not on the Hatch pattern -- if in this example you pick the Hatch pattern alone [which it will let you do if you pick elsewhere than along the boundary] and Move that, it will not take the Circle with it, and will lose its associativity.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5

How do a change of the hatch pattern on the boundary object?

The problem still occurs when I do the following:

- "hatch"

- select boundary

- Options - associative

When I cklick on hatchedit, the settings are okay, the options are set on associative. But when I copy the circle with hatch, the problem occurs, that I only grab the hatch. The settings of the copy are not the same as the original.

Kind regards,
Julia

Message 4 of 5

You can create a block. The purpose of a block can be summarized in two words: Reusable Content.

You particular block will have two components: (1) a circle and (2) hatch. Both components will constitute a single entity and that single entity is called a 'block.' Assuming you want uniformity, all your blocks will look and behave the same and will be represented by a circle with hatch.  (Of course, there are exceptions to the block looking 'the same.')

When you create a block, place both the circle and the hatch on layer 0. To create, enter BLOCK on the command line to create your block. At a minimum, you'll need to (a) name your block, (b) select the components and (c) pick an insertion point. ***Note: Each block must use a unique name. Once your block is properly created, you can move it to any layer. The block will inherit, or adopt, the color of the host layer. The same block on different layers and adopting different colors is an exception where blocks do NOT look the same.

To make your block have a black circle instead of the circle defaulting to the layer's color, put the circle component on layer 0, then with the circle still selected, go to the properties palette to override the circle's color to 0,0,0. Keep the hatch on layer 0 makeing sure the properties palette displays ByLayer for the hatch color. When you insert this particular block, the hatch will adopt the color of the host layer while the circle itself will always be black (0,0,0) due to your color override.

You can insert your block using several commands, for example CLASSICINSERT. Use the dropdown in the block insert dialog window to select your block then click OK for insertion.  

Chicagolooper
Message 5 of 5

Thank you, with a block, it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta