Move Block Grip(s)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2452 Views, 7 Replies

Move Block Grip(s)

Hi there,

I don't know how to explain so there's an example attached. I need to move BLOCK point which is contained in the RED circle in the example to the point represented by the BLUE circle in the example, but in the way the BLOCK itself is not moved.

Can someone explain how to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Darko

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

>> but in the way the BLOCK itself is not moved. <<

your post still need more info to get exactly what you want.... as i understand you need to take a copy from the block and for that use COPY command for that and use OSNAP modes for that. please if this didn't fix your issue give us more details...

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi Imad,

thanks for your quick reply... I was probably unclear about the problem. So, BLOCK name is KABEL i think. POLYLINE isn't the issue here. What I need is when I, for example, move POLYLINE somewhere else or reshape it, to move that POINT (the one in the red circle), which is part of KABEL BLOCK to the end of the new POLYLINE, but not moving the whole BLOCK.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

darko

Message 4 of 8
Kent1Cooper

Welcome to these Forums!

BEDIT should do it.  [I'm at my older-version location without BEDIT at the moment, and REFEDIT doesn't allow editing an anonymous Block.  But as I recall how BEDIT works, without the drawing surroundings that REFEDIT gives you, you may need to first draw a Line between those locations before you get into BEDIT, COPYBASE it, and inside BEDIT, PASTECLIP it in to establish the distance and direction to move that point.]

Never mind [seeing your Post 3] -- it looks like you want to do that not in the Block definition, but individually for an insertion of the Block.  Is that right?  A Dynamic Block, perhaps?  You may have to redefine the Block in a different way, though -- that point is the overall Block's insertion point, so I think you would probably need to put that somewhere else, or possibly make the other parts the dynamic elements.  [But again, I'm at my older-version location without Dynamic Blocks, so I can't try it right now.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 8
imadHabash

Hi,

you told us that the polyline changed and modified.... then the point in the red circle must be change.also if you want to catch the block from this point,then use ins osnap .

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Yes Kent, that's exactly what i'm hoping to achieve. To freely move that point around, without moving the whole BLOCK. I don't know is that possible. It's just that i'd like to do that 🙂

thanks again for quick reply.

regards,

darko

Message 7 of 8
SeeMSixty7

Your Current inserted block seems to have the Attributes unable to grip edit. I re-inserted your block at the same location and then I could use the attribute grips to move them where needed, without moving the insertion point.

Check out the attached drawing. when you click on the block you will see the attribute pull up as desired with grips.

Good luck,

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SeeMSixty7

Thanks for the answer, and also thanks to everyone involved. In fact, now I see it was an easy problem to solve, but I couldn't explain good what I want. And now I see I've got lot to learn. Thanks one more time everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report