Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models seem to become corrupt but run on some computers.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
325 Views, 3 Replies

Models seem to become corrupt but run on some computers.

Hello, I realize this is a pretty general question but I think it's one that needs to be asked since we have had some issues with it in the past and we would like to avoid them in the future. So we have seen some issues from complete failure of a model so that it completely locks up a computer to small thing like constraints dissapearing. 

We read that saving and doing a Regen often should help, and it has but we sometimes still have issues. 

Is there a local memory cache on a computer that becomes corrupt and then it will no longer run on that workstation. If there is does anyone know if there is a way of clearing it to allow the model to run as if it were fresh to a workstation?

Is there something we are doing that is cuasing constraints to dissapear upon reopening the file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KarenMason
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your drawings with constraints are locking up or the constraints are disappearing.  It's difficult to answer this question without a drawing file that exhibits the problem.  Is it possible for you to post a file?  Have you tried running AUDIT or RECOVER on the file?

Karen Mason

Principal Experience Designer - AutoCAD

Twitter
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: KarenMason

@KarenMason actually I posted a similiar post and it may have answered some of the questions I posed here. I was not aware that there was an audit function, but as you can see he @Victoria.Studley found some issues when he perfromed the audit. Now that I am aware I will make sure that I and our team start performing these checks along the  way.

As for the second part of the question are you aware of anyway of clearing the ACAD memory cache without doing a complete Re-install on a machine?

Message 4 of 4
KarenMason
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm not aware of a way to clear the ACAD memory cache.  We do have a "Reset Settings to Default" option in the Windows Start menu->All Programs->AutoCAD flyout.  It will delete all customizations and restore AutoCAD back to the factory default settings.  Use with caution, as it will delete any user customized files.  But I'm not entirely sure that it clears memory.  I'm not sure if this RESET is what you need for your issue.

Karen Mason

Principal Experience Designer - AutoCAD

Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report