Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPSILH not showing correctly in rotated blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rhyeguy
1193 Views, 2 Replies

DISPSILH not showing correctly in rotated blocks

I have blocks with pipe in them (vertical cylinders) and when inserted and rotated I noticed that the silhouette lines also become rotated instead of staying true to the view.  Interestingly when I orbit around the rotated block the silhouette lines will regenerate but still be the same "rotation" in every view.

I have included a screenshot of a basic circle extrusion that has been blocked and then rotated.  ISOLINES is set to 0, DISPSILH set to 1, 2D Wireframe visual style.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
greg_battin
in reply to: rhyeguy

I think that your answer is at the end of my blog post found here 

http://autocadtips1.com/2014/06/19/helpful-settings-for-plotting-3d-solids-in-autocad/

But the short answer is to change the Visual Style to not display the “Isolines”

Use the command VISUALSTYLES in the command line to open the Visual Styles palette.

1. Select the Visual Style that you wish to change in the upper section of the palette. In this example, I changed the “Hidden” Visual Style.
  2. Scroll down in the palette to the “Edge Settings” section, Change the property called “Show” from “Facet Edges” to “Isolines
  3. Change the “Number of Lines” setting from “20” to “0” (zero).

print-settings-for-solids-2-b.jpg

In addition to making this change to the Vistual Style, changing the following AutoCAD variables helps the plot to display correctly.

print-settings-for-solids-3.jpg

The result is shown below. Hopefully you find this useful.

print-settings-for-solids-4.jpg

~Greg

Message 3 of 3
rhyeguy
in reply to: greg_battin

This isn't a visual style issue.  The solids display correctly when using visual styles other than 2D wireframe but they do not display correctly in 2D wirerame.  Also your blog is talking about visual styles in general but please keep in mind this is an issue specific to cyliders inside of a block not displaying correclty in 2D wireframe.  As seen in my first attachment with DISPSILH set to 1 and ISOLINES set to 0 the cylinder should not look like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report