Mirroring blocks with attributes and text

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
4537 Views, 9 Replies

Mirroring blocks with attributes and text

Hi, 

I have a block with an attribute embedded and text and I'm trying to create it so that when I mirror it, the text does not flip and it also remains justified bottom right like when it is not mirrored. Essentially, I want the whole block to look the same when I mirror it in the Y-axis. (This is for mirrored floor plans)

I've attached the dwg file. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

MIRRTEXT=1

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Hey thanks for your reply, but Mirrtext=1 doesn't do the trick. I attached the file in my previous post so you can open it and investigate further.  

Message 4 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to read this good AKN article.the story is more than Mirrtext system variable especially when you treat with attributes.

Regards, 

Message 5 of 10
Edwin.Saez

HERE I AM ATTACHED THE MODIFIED BLOCK.
Change the text by an attribute.

Edwin Saez

LinkedIn / AutoCAD Certified Professional

EESignature

Si mi respuesta fue una solución para usted, por favor seleccione "Aceptar Solución", para que también sirva a otro usuarios.

Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Your block is a dynamic one with visibility states but I only see one state.  Can you give me some background on what you are trying to create?

As others have pointed out, an attribute with a constant value checked when creating it will behave this way. Are you trying to provide a light switch with different heights? Is there a reason each height can't be a simple piece of text with each assigned to it's own visibility state? Or perhaps you are trying to do something else here.

I see that you have escalated this issue three times. Is this intentional? You don't actually need to start a post in order to do this so I am a bit confused but I am here to help if you would like to work through this issue in this thread.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hey thanks for the reply. Perhaps I was a little unclear with explaining. Essentially I am working on a townhouse, with mirrored floor plans and want to create a block for a light switch with text to indicate heights justified on the bottom right. When I mirror the floor plan, the text justifies to the left of the switch symbol, whereas I want it to be on the right, so the block looks exactly the same when it's in its mirrored state as its regular state. 

Sorry about escalating the issue, that was an accident.

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Text in a block is going to mirror. The way to avoid this is to make the text an Attribute.  If you want to have "fixed" values to choose from you might consider using multiple attributes or perhaps a Lookup.

One option to discourage users from editing the attributes is to make them Preset, and locked and then to assign each one to its own visibility state.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I dunno man, while they don't mirror right in a block, text and mtext "flip" just fine here with the right MIRRTEXT setting.

Message 10 of 10
lanceX2G2C
in reply to: imadHabash

This just saved me. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report