Did you mean: 

Mirrored object not showing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ColinWolstencroft
639 Views, 4 Replies

Mirrored object not showing

Hi all,

I have an ongoing issue. It occurs in all versions of Autocad that I have used so I don't think specific to 1 version.

If I mirror an object when in any visual style apart from wireframe, the mirrored object does not show properly. Almost invisible although you can make out the outline. If I look at it in shaded, the original has some sort of reflection on the object. The mirrored does not. So the original takes light I think, but the mirrored does not.

Does anyone have any idea on what causes this and how to stop it happening ? Driving me crazy as certain objects I am working on need to be completely redrawn if I cannot mirror.

Hoping it's a setting somewhere ..... please be a setting ..... 🙂

Looking forward to someone knowing the answer

Thanks in advance

ColinAnnotation 2020-04-27 161853_ Hidden.pngAnnotation 2020-04-27 161853_ Shaded.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ColinWolstencroft

So this is only a visualstyles issue? as in your objects actually mirror just fine if you change them, then back again?
Message 3 of 5
ColinWolstencroft
in reply to: pendean

Hi there
I think a visual style issue. If I mirror the mirrored object, the new mirrored object is fine. So am totally confused
Also, seems only to happen with round objects. So, I am working on a scaffold structure. The tubular pipes I'm working on there is an issue. If I draw a similar size square tube and mirror that, there is no problem.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ColinWolstencroft

Can you post a screenshot of your ABOUT and GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-ups please?
Message 5 of 5

Compare the properties of the original object and its mirror.

See anything different?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta