Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Print to pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2293 Views, 3 Replies

Microsoft Print to pdf

Hello!!! I need help with publishing tp PDF. After instalation CAD2022, Microsoft Print to PDF doesn't work correctly. Every publishing some parts of drawing are missing, sometimes not missing, never know which page of set will be incorrect. Does anybody know what the solution? 🙏

IanaQ43ZY_0-1619637684521.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your image shows you have overly sized margins in two areas, or your "what to plot" choice is not what you think it is. If you want more suggestions, share your DWG file.

Are you 100% committed to Microsoft Print to PDF for some reason? AutoCAD comes with a stack of built-in PDF drivers that work just fine.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I can't share dwg file, but thank you for trying help. And I need to use only Microsoft Print option for some reason. When I use Adobe pdf printer, - everything is fine. But I can't use for some clients. So I didn't have this issues before on 2020 Cad, but after installing Windows and Cad 2022, I 've got this problem. On my example - where blue line is, there suppose to be part of drawing. If I republish set, I bet this sheet will be fine, but some other sheets will have missing part, I never know, what will be missing every publishing. 😞 My guessing It is something with Microsoft Printer driver, it might be doesn't work correctly with new 2022 CAD, or with resolution.

Message 4 of 4
ChicagoLooper

@Anonymous wrote:

<<....I need to use only Microsoft Print option for some reason....>>

Aww c'mon. There's no rational reason why you 'need to use' Microsoft Print option. You can easily get your drawing to PDF format using one of the built-in PDF drivers, e.g. AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation).pc3 See image-1.

Image-1.Image-1.

Whatever plotter or driver you use, you will still have to deal with the widely misunderstood printable area. The printable area is as advertised: it's the allowable print space allocated by AutoCad during plot jobs. Why AutoCad demarcates 'the printable area' is unknown and beyond the comprehension of the most users, including me. It was likely created by some Autodesk developer who was deep, very deep, in philosophical thought and trying to figure out the centuries old riddles: Whatisthesoundofonehandclapping and Ifatreefallsinthewoodsdoesthepopehearit. You can clearly see the misunderstood line of demarcation in Image -2 below, it's the dashed line on all four sides running parallel along the the edges.

Image-2.Image-2.

Objects inside the dashed line will print. Objects outside the dashed line will not. It doesn't matter if ine work is on the white portion, the white that represents the sheet. It simply won't print if it's beyond that silly dashed line and this means if any part of your titleblock, notes, or drawing falls beyond that dashed line, it won't print. And BTW, it doesn't matter if you use Microsoft Print or not, it will get cut off.

You can enlarge the printable area by moving the dashed line outwards. Decreasing the nonprintable margin to zero should be the default, it makes printing intuitive. You can access the settings to enlarge the printable area by going through Plot Properties. See Image-3. If you do this, save your settings to a pc3 file so you won't have to perform the setup the next time you print on the same sheet size. The increase print area settings are on a sheet-by-sheet basis so once all your sheet sizes (not all sheet sizes, just the sheet sizes you use in your office) are changed and saved you're good. Just remember to save all your sheet sizes to the same plot configuration file or pc3.

Image-3.Image-3.:  

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report